Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Barb wire

loneranger

Anyone try barbed wire wrapped around tree trunks to deter coons? This is the guy with the coon outbreak. Barbed wire or razor wire. Have tried using house type duct pipe wrapped around trunk. Maybe get some sheet metal to make more of a flare at the bottom? Combined with barbed wire. Any success stories?

If you look at some of the telephone poles with transformers the use plastic or metal sheeting 18 to 24 inch long wrapped around where the coons can’t get there claws in. More difficult with some fruit trees with multiple trunks. Just an idea.

Thanks. Like I say. I have used duct work sheets like you buy at Menards. Wrap around and secure with duct tape but guess not tall enough. Thot barb wire or razor too might help. Maybe no way. They ate clever and determined

Used to use that. As. I have been told they changed the bait. Or something so it couldn’t be used as a poison. Kinda cruel, even for these rotten nasty destructive coon. Still want to protect my trees. While some coon are being trapped or poisoned. Others are climbing the trees. I have taken out 19 already on my 40 acres and they are still coming!! Along with coon possum chipmunks even squirrels that can jump 6 ft so wrapping trunks does no good with them. Its an all out onslaught of critters this year. Never seen anything like it.

Top Bottom