Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Bird Down - PICS ADDED

trper

Life Member
Hope I scored him right! Ha! Will send picture soon. Bird weighed 28 pounds 12 oz, 1 and 1/4 spurs, and get this 13 and 1/4 inch beard. Biggest bird of my hunting career bow hunting turkeys. Are my figures right Muddy? 90.75 Total. What a great morning. Will post story later. Bow kill.

Re: Big Bird Down

Congrats on a HAWG of a turkey Ken! The turkey gods were on your side for sure. I'd love to whopp something that big. Did you get it down on your property?

Yeah I killed it on our property. Gonna send him to Cally Morris and have a struttin mount done. I pretty much knew right away he was heavier than other birds I have killed in the past. The pretty boy decoy did a number on him. He just could not resist. At first I thought he was gonna move out but he just couldn't stand it and I shot him at three yards. I re measured his beard according to the NWTF instructins and he is closer to 13 and 2/16. His beard has a single strand that reaches out that far. Without it it is closer to 12 1/2 inches. Another Trooper buddy of mine was with me and shot a 24 pounder 50 minutes before mine. We were hunting out of the new darkhorse double bull. First bird went down at 7 am and mine at 7:50. My friends bird was just about ready to wack the ole pretty boy decoy before he got lambbusted. My bird just about stuck his head in the blind! What a morning. Will try to post a couple of pictures tommorow. Did not have the best camera so I hope they look ok when I download them. Can't wait to get back out there and try and do it again. Best of hunting to everyone.

I think big bird down is an under statement. WOW, can't wait to see that pig! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Congratulations on an INCREDIBLE gobbler!!!! That is awesome... I would love to harvest a tom with a beard over 12" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Pictures_2007_220.jpg

Pictures_2007_221.jpg

Top Bottom