Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blackhorn 209

I plan to try it preseason but I will admit that it bothers me about the need for full power 209s. When I use pyrodex or triple-7 in my Knight Bighorn, it doesn't matter if I use 209s, musket caps or #11s and the gun goes bang, without exception. A hang fire or no fire is unacceptable. How much do I need to worry about this? Peace of mind alone might keep me away from this new product.

i don't know about the other rifles but on my knight disc[and my sons] i drilled the breech plug out as they both had a hang fire issue.problem solved.it just needs the extra fire to ignite.i had a customer in today who had a target with a 3 shot group under 2 inches at 2oo yards out of his encore.he said these 3 shots were numbers 11,12 and 13 without cleaning!i also had a group of "gun heads" shoot it over the weekend who agreed,t7 is obsolete.talked to a supplier this morning about getting a large quantity and he said that hogdon is saying bad things about bh209 which doesn't surprise me as it must be affecting their sales.ALL the research and consulting with those who know their stuff[like cecil at precision bullets-www.prbullets.com]has brought positive comments.my personal experiments have made a beleiver out of me.

I just bought a jug of this stuff and ended up buying the CCI 209Mag primers,will these work in my Encore with the blackhorn or do I need to get the regular 209's?
Also I'm shooting 100Gr of T7 pellets and a 250 shock wave right now,what would be a good starting point with the same bullet and the blackhorn powder?

as long as you use shotgun 209 primers there isn't a problem.i would start with 110 grains of bh209 and work up 120 if needed.

Top Bottom