Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bobcat gets a, well, a bobcat!

Daver

PMA Member
My son Mark relishes his primary nickname of "Bobcat" and consequently he has been interested in tagging such a cat and then having it mounted, etc. I was able to take a nice bob earlier this season with my bow and that only fueled the fire for Mark to get his first cat. Because we do not live at our farm, it is difficult to set traps and check them every day, etc. I can normally catch enough coons and possums just by trapping one or two nights a week to give the gamebirds some relief, but we have struggled to get coyotes and cats, even though there are plenty around, because we normally cannot leave our traps out for multiple days in a row.

Well, that all changed this week as Mark was at the farm all week for late season muzzy. We had a close call the other night, a sprung trap with cat tracks all around in the fresh snow. This near miss only enhanced the "cat fever" :D I might add.

So this morning we were both there together and checked our sets and voila...in the last set was this pretty kitty!

101504-fd183b2ab42a19c0f417101f9ac6571e.jpg

Oh happy day! Bobcat(Mark) got a bobcat!! :D We will be dropping this one off at the taxidermist for sure and let's just say that Mark is riding pretty high right now. Hopefully he continues his lucky streak out deer hunting tonight!

101505-e486a94e5f467d35c4512c490fdffaaf.jpg

101506-be0aaa82df2fde64ef1ce954dd81982f.jpg

Nice, I want one. Seen them on trail cams many times but I've yet to see one eye to eye. Crongrats to your son!

Well done...congrats!! That would have to be one of the coolest mounts to have for sure.

NWBuck

I've only seen 2 in the wild and always thought they would make a neat mount. Congrats to the young bobcat catching a bobcat.

Top Bottom