Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boot reccomendations?

Cclb

I need a pair of 8" uninsulated boots for the midwest, wyoming, and south dakota. They need to be waterproof. I also want a boot made in the US, germany, etc. Price range is $250-$300. Right now I'm debating between the Danner East Ridge or Cabelas by Meindl Dinalli. I don't need a "hiking" boot, but good tread is a plus. Basically a very versatile, durable comfortable boot.

Thanks for any opinions

It has been a few years since i bought such a pair but I have to say my Danner Pronghorns are awesome. I have worn them elk hunting in the rockys, bear hunting in Canada, turkey and deer hunting in the midwest. Great fitting, flexible, durable and not too heavy. I don't even know if they sell that particular model anymore but if you can get something similar you will be happy.

I love my Danners. I don't remember what kind they are, but I've had them since 2005 and I can spend all day hiking 10+ miles in mountains similar to what Wyoming has to offer. All I ever wore were Danners until I started wearing my White's Smokejumpers for wildfire. They are way out of the price range you have listed and you have to treat them to get them waterproof, but they are great. I can look and see what Danners are there that I"m familiar with, but look at the ones that are rebuildable. I don't remember if the Canadians come in uninsulated, but I love my 600 gr insulated Canadians. I also have a pair of the original Pronghorns (400 gr) from back in 2003/2004 and they are not rebuildable lasts. The Goretex bootie has gone out and I can't send them back to get repaired or resoled. I don't know if that has changed, but I would look at Danners that can be rebuilt. Its like a new boot at a fraction of the cost.

I have uninsulated danners and really like them. I have a pair of the meindel Cabela's in a shoe for work and really like those. I will be trying their hunting boots next time I am in the market. Just pay attention to make sure and get the correct size.

Check out the Danner East Ridge, Elk Hunter, and Grouse for recraftable, uninsulated, waterproof boots. The pair I've had since 2005 is most similar to the East Ridge. Absolutely love them.

Cabela's Men's 8" Silent Stalk™ Sneakers with GORE-TEX®

Thats what I just picked up from Cabelas, and been breaking them in for Antelope. Best boot I have wore, minimal break in period...However, I dont normally wear a boot like that come deer season, so they were strictly for Antelope and western hunting

I have the Danner Pronghorns and The Mendel Denali's. Both are great boots, the Denali is clearly the superior hiking boot. I recently pickup up a couple pair of Kenetrek Bridger Ridge High boots. They are by far the best light duty boot I have ever owned for comfort.

I've got the UA speed freaks and absolutely love them! Super light and more comfortable than a pair of tennis shoes! Pry find them cheap considering "we the hunters" are going to put them out of the hunting business!! ?

Top Bottom