Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bought a traditions vortek strikerforce Northwest edition ................

Trapshooter1

Bought CCI 0300 musket caps from a local gun store. The gun strikes the caps pretty hard, but it takes 2 strikes to make the cap ignite the T7 powder. Once in awhile itll go off on the first strike but not often.

So I called traditions and asked about this and they reccomended RWS 1081 caps for this gun.

Is there a reason why it would work with the 1081s vs the 0300s????

If I do need the 1081s are there any availlable anywhere????

Not familiar with that muzzy or it's working system. But I would think Google and gun forums would be your friend. I would follow Traditions advice, however if it's not firing on thr first try it might as well be a paperweight or scrap come December or January hunting pressured, skittish deer

Not familiar with that muzzy or it's working system. But I would think Google and gun forums would be your friend. I would follow Traditions advice, however if it's not firing on thr first try it might as well be a paperweight or scrap come December or January hunting pressured, skittish deer
I agree with this. I sold a knight revolution II because it was finicky about going off once in a while. Didnt go off once shooting at a big buck and that was the last time. Sold it to my buddy and it happened to him last year on his biggest buck ever. Luckily for him I was sitting with him and he shot the buck with my gun. Now he is getting a different gun for late season.

If it's taking multiple strikes to ignite the cap, then it's either a hammer and pin issue, or a faulty cap issue. If the former, that's a faulty mechanism and should be covered under warranty. If the latter, replacing your caps with better quality ones should solve your issue.

Top Bottom