Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow building class

Rudd

Life Member
I know there are a few "traditional" shooters who frequent here......I heard there is a "build your on stick bow class" coming around in the very near future. Anyone have any information??

ITBS is holding a bow building class in Blackhawk Park, Cedar Falls on April 6 & 7. Give Gene or John a call.

Gene Winter (319) 234 0292

John Sturtevant (515) 438 4040

I didn't know anyone was offering these kind of classes. If any of you have any interest in making your own bows I would urge you to take the class. This isn't a plug because I don't know this guy at all but I think you will become enthralled with taking a peice of a tree and making it into a shooting bow. If you think it is great to take a nice deer with a bow, you ain't ready for the feeling of taking one with a bow and arrows that you made with your own hands. It makes it even more personal. The saying is " try it and I bet you can't make just one".

Gene Winters will be giving a class near New Hampton the weekend of March 22 and 23. Cost is $100.00. A friend told me about the class today. Class size is limited to 7.

Hey guys I was on the site below yesterday, maybe one of the experienced bowyers on this site can tell me if this is a good product or not. I am interested in making my own bow here in the very new future, so I ordered the $3 catalog. They sell longbows, recurves and takedown kits and it sure seems like they supply you with ample information including blueprints to be sucessful.

www.binghamprojects.com

Nonres

Nonres

Bingham is an old company and has been active for a long time. They sell quaility products and their process seems straight forward and simple to follow. I have never used any of their stuff but a friend and his two sons used their kits to build bows last summer. From what he said the hardest part was building the forms. Give it a try, not much to loose and a whole new world to gain.

Gene is retired now, and is pretty much devoting all his weekends to the bow classes, either at home or thru various community colleges.
If building a selfbow is what your interested in, contact Gene. He’s a great teacher, and you’ll enjoy it.
I’ve been building and hunting with my bows for years, now focusing primarily on the bamboo backed RF/DF bows and recurves. I think I’ve got 17 in the shop right now in various stages of completion, so would agree it’s hard to hard to stop after just one.

John Sturtevant

Top Bottom