Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BOW HUNTING PHESANTS????

katy

Ballagh
I WAS WATCHING AMERICAN ARCHER TONIGHT ON OUTDOOR CHANNEL. THEY HAS SOME FLINGERS OUT PHESANT HUNTING WITH THEIR BOWS. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY GOOD LUCK WITH THIS? ANY GOOD STORIES TO SHARE? SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD BE A LOT OF SEARCHING FOR ARROWS TO ME. LOOKED PRETTY FUN THOUGHT.
pineapple.gif
icon_chain.gif

Have not tried that, always wanted to. I'm from an area where it would be ideal. The CRP in my part of South Dakota holds hundreds of birds and many opportunities to take one with a bow, bad thing is I don't shoot recurve or I would have given it a try. If any of you want to give South Dakota a try let me know, my buddys might let you on just to get a good laugh. You might want to bring your scatter gun just in case you don't fill your bag.
Hunt on All4s

hi iam hogie from chase the adventure gun club' we did a bow hunt for pheasants at our place' we had a great time ' this was a tv show that aired over 25 times. red hawk outdoors filmed the show for the outdoor channel sounds like you missed it . we have it taped and if you come to the iowa whitetail.com rendezzous i can let you see it . if there is any other info i can help you with let me know i host the rendezzous at our club so please check out our web site chasetheadventure.com

hogie, if i could afford to i would come up for an old recurve bird hunt...maybe in a few years. i've tried it with rabbits but no luck yet. smallest game to date....cat.

we have a rabbit hunt every year with bows and 35 guys go out and like 5 rabbits are taken. very hard with the beagle comin round the backside. i have never got one lost lots of arrows in the snow. guess i am not the greatest shot. lol we still manage to some polenta every year though.

mike
31045-cheers2.gif

Never had tried for pheasant but I think that would be an awesome challenge.

Raggits on the other hand sure are fun. I have an old Bear recurve that must be only like 45 pounds. For me to shoot it comfortably - draw length - I don't think I pull it back far enough to get 45 pounds out of it. One winter I took it on a raggit hunt and rolled two while they were running away from me. I was using blunts and they would bounce off almost and the rabbit would go. At least I didn't break any bones. Got a couple out of the yard with my compound though. Muddy shot a buck one day with the bow and when we got home I scalped a rabbit in the yard. It made him dizzy and we were able to catch him and ring his neck.

Squirrels are fun too, but don't recommend trying them while deer hunting. They make a lot of noise if you miss.

Red Hawk (Bob Hrobak) uses a long bow. He's half native so he makes his own bows and arrows. He made one for our son Sam and he got a nice 9 point buck this year with it. We have yet to have anyone complain about our birds not being wild enough because they are pen raised. It's as close to a regular hunt as you can get. Only you don't have to walk all day and see only 1or 2 birds!! By the way Muddy, my kid want's to know if you're poor or what? Should we send you a care package??
30577-rotflmao1.gif
Just kidding. Really we have a pretty reasonable set up here! Some kind of a bow contest with birds might be kinda fun to break up the cabin fever anxiety attack. Any interest let me know!

Have taken two ringnecks with my longbow, one on the wing and the other hiding under a multiflora rose.

Top Bottom