Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowhunting Lease, 240 acres in Zone 5

Bakes

I have 240 acres for lease in south central Iowa, Wayne County. This lease is for 2 archery hunters, the lease runs from October 1st- November 30th. My brother was planning on hunting this farm in the fall but he was unsucessful with 2 points.

• Managed since 2003 for trophy whitetails
• 120 acres of timber, 85 acres of switch grass, 15 acres food plots, remainder overgrown field
• Property is in a section 1.25 x 2.5 miles and all the landowners manage for trophy bucks
• 6 food plots spread throughout the property, each about 2.5 acres in size
• 7 acres of brassicas (turnips, rape, radish mix)
• 7 acres of cereal grains (peas, oats, rye mix)
• 1 acre of clover

I’m just doing this for a year to help cover costs of my food plots and taxes. Archery hunting for deer only, 2 bucks and 2 doe.

I can email aerial, harvest pictures, trailcams and other info upon request. Email me at: [email protected]

Thanks

Todd

Iowa

Sounds awesome, I just had a guy email me looking for a lease in that area, I'll tell him to call or e-mail you

Clover isn't looking great. But we follow Paul's advice so 90% of plots haven't been planted yet. Planting Brassicas this weekend and cereal grains in August.

This year, good luck on the plots you are looking to plant.

JNR - we are pretty confident our plots will turn out good, we have the knowledge (thanks Paul) and good equipment to get the job done right. If we get some precipitation over the next 2-3 months they should be fine. Each plot will be 40% Brassicas, 40% Cereal grains and 20% clover.

JNR - we are pretty confident our plots will turn out good
Only that we are in a drought and I don't see that pattern changing any time soon.

Just being realistic here.

Price of lease should be somewhat variable due to food plot quality, IMO.

Top Bottom