Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadheads

I'm gonna use my Montec 125's.

Every year I look at the Gobbler Guillotine's but I feel like those blades would break to easy.

I used Dead Ringer Traumas last year and they are by far the best turkey heads on the market. I have used Rage and Hammer heads in the past and nothing stops a turkey like the Trauma!!!!

I got a bunch of heads in the quiver, it will be whatever arrow I grab that day. Jakhammer, Montec, Wasp bullet and Muzzy. :D

I'm gonna use my Montec 125's. Every year I look at the Gobbler Guillotine's but I feel like those blades would break to easy.

Try them! You won't regret it! They come with replacement blades and they have a lifetime warranty. Just take a pic of the broken blade and and email it to Magnus and they will send you more. Best turkey broadhead on the market IMO.

Magnus bullhead inside of 20 yards but prefer them to be inside of 10 yards.
If I have a wild bird that wont work the decoys its a rocket turkey tomohawk outside of 20 yards.
If they work all the way into the decoys at 5-10 yards there is no reason not to head Shoot them with a 2-3/4 fixed blade.

Try them! You won't regret it! They come with replacement blades and they have a lifetime warranty. Just take a pic of the broken blade and and email it to Magnus and they will send you more. Best turkey broadhead on the market IMO.

OK, I will.

This will be my first year with the Magnus 125 grain Bullheads with a couple of NAP gobbler getters just in case

OK, I will.

Just make sure you get the arrows designed to shoot the bullheads. When practicing with them I hang a potato on a piece of fishing line and use an old pillow as a backstop. Mine shoot about 2 inches lower than my field points so it's an easy adjustment going from standard broadheads to bullheads.

Just make sure you get the arrows designed to shoot the bullheads. When practicing with them I hang a potato on a piece of fishing line and use an old pillow as a backstop. Mine shoot about 2 inches lower than my field points so it's an easy adjustment going from standard broadheads to bullheads.

Thanks for the heads up. What draw weight are you shooting?

I would try it first, just make sure you have a soft back stop to stop the arrow and make sure the blades are tight(little set screw on the head). Just avoid sending them through the dirt at top speed and you shouldn't have a problem with the blades. I usually just use one head and arrow for practicing most of the time then just shoot another one a couple times to make sure it's hitting in the same spot and use the less shot arrow while hunting. Main thing to watch for is loose blades.

I would try it first, just make sure you have a soft back stop to stop the arrow and make sure the blades are tight(little set screw on the head). Just avoid sending them through the dirt at top speed and you shouldn't have a problem with the blades. I usually just use one head and arrow for practicing most of the time then just shoot another one a couple times to make sure it's hitting in the same spot and use the less shot arrow while hunting. Main thing to watch for is loose blades.

Sounds like a plan. I'll keep my DW where it is and see how things fly.

While we are on the topic of turkey hunting, I know there is a specific way to purchase tags to you can get both archery and shotgun but you have to buy them in a certain order. Anybody know what it is?

You can buy 2 bow tags anytime for all the seasons. If you plan on gun hunting and bow hunting your bow tag is good for all seasons but you have to gun hunt fourth season.

Top Bottom