• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Hunterra - Custom Hunting Property Maps

Brutal Weather in Sask

Buckscrape

I know it's still early but if the current pattern keeps up we're going to have a significant herd reduction in Saskatchewan. We've got a good 20 inches of snow on the level and getting more as I post this. Our temperatures since the week before Christmas are having a hard time getting above -20 Celsius. What the deer around here have going for them is the annual crops had quite a bit of second growth after harvest but they're digging deep for it. What worries me is later when it warms up and the snow crusts over they're going to have a hard time with predators and lots of guys are backing off on the coyote harvest because prices are dropping like a rock. I know when it warms up a bit I'm going to be throwing lead at those buggers - need to thin em out and help the deer as much as I can.

Temp here yesterday morning.
Screenshot_20220106-091538_WeatherCAN.jpg

203ntyp

PMA Member
That's brutal! The coldest I experienced outdoors was -23 F. That year was hard on the deer heard, mainly due to the depth of snow and ice on top and the ground under the snow. I was putting some feed out and all around the pile there was blood here and there from the ice cutting their lower legs. When the snow melted enough there was a couple inches of ice and plenty of acorns under it that they couldn't get to. Found around 10 deer dead that spring but many survived. I found two yarding areas on south facing slopes that had thermal cover (pines) and the one looked like a barnyard, ground solid with droppings and all the browse 50 to 60 yards around was stripped clean. That was 1994. Stay warm up there!

Top Bottom