Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Trophy Cam Issues

DarkArcher

Lung Buster
I will start by saying for the most part I love my Bushnell cam - great images, unreal battery life, and a quick trigger.

I have had the camera out since May in various places and have pulled the card probably 10+ times. On my last card pull the camera simply wouldn't react to anything I was doing once I got to the cam and it didn't take any pics....I know there was activity because the deer had demolished 200lbs of shelled corn and the snow was packed down like concrete.

I put another card in and put it on a tree, messed around in front of the cam and it took 6 pics. I put the card back in that I had trouble with and it took pics as well so I don't believe it was the card.

2nd time it has done this, it is almost like it didn't register that the came was even on because the batter is still on 2/3rds of full life. Once it was during Mid to late Sept, and the latest time it was between Dec 25th to Jan. 15th....

Anyone else had this issue? I think I have ruled out the card since it took pics right away again, and it also did it in the warm and cold weather. My only preliminary thought was that a few of the batteries might not have been 100% pushed back against the back of batter compartment.

Sucks, it seems like a great camera but has let me down twice now when left out on some hot spots.......only plus is I found a shed right on the grain pile site.

Thanks!

I have had the same issues with my moultries from time to time. Try resetting some of the features such as multiple images, internal memory, time delay and so on. I have found with mine that sometimes the settings just need to be updated or refreshed. Nothing more frusterating than a camera that isnt working. Good luck

Not sure about that one. I did happen to me once just like that and my only conclusion was I did not put the switch all the way up.

I heard this happening to a few of my friends and they were told by bushnell it had to do with the card not being seated hard enough or tight enough, I dont own one so I cant say for sure but that what I have heard in regards to that model.

Good to hear this. I was planning to buy this camera in the next week or so. I'll be sure to watch for this! It sounds like it, but have those who have this Bushnell camera had good luck with it?

Darkarcher, I have had same problems with mine. I am on my second one and they are both garbage in my book. They have been to the company in KS. I won't buy anything Bushnell again, bad experiences w/rangefinder and scope to add to the list. Just my thoughts from my experience.

I spoke with a bushnell engineer at the ATA show and he told me that 99%+ of their problems are being traced back to SD card problems. Apparently, the new packaging says right on it, " use only SanDisk SD cards " Try a new card and see, it fixed a problem I was having with one of my own Bushnells without having to go through warranty. Not necessarily a bad card but the camera really prefers that brand for some odd reason.

I got two of the cameras this year and used them all season without a problem. I was very happy with the pictures that I got. So far so good.....hope they don't start having problems.....I was finally happy with a camera (great pictures, batteries last long, very compact).

I have the same problems that you do with my Moultries Travis. I've had luck clearing all of the memory and using fresh Duracell batteries. Any other battery it seems will poop out with the frigid temperatures.

Anyone else having problems with their bushnell trophy cams? As already mentioned, I've read a lot about the problems coming from poor quality SD cards, seems like using the Sandisk cards usually solves the problem. I hope they work good, I just ordered 2 Bushnell TC yesterday so I will be testing them in a week or so.

I've probably sold 50 or so Bushnell's this year. I had 1 come back and 1 other gentleman had the same issues. These two cams were taking all black pics at night.

I did have a couple that would not respond at all to certain cards. When you put the card in and turned it on the screen would stay blank. Put a different card in and the problem was solved.

I sent one camera back to Bushnell and they replaced it free of charge.

Top Bottom