Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Trophy Cam

DarkArcher

Lung Buster
This is a question for any of the users/dealers out there of the product....I purchased a cam about 1 month ago and had great pics/video on the 1st 2 card pulls.

I switched out my 3rd card this weekend and when I put the new card in the cam seemed to freeze up. In the set-up mode the LCD lights up and I can read it but none of the buttons will do anything and the back light in the screen eventually fades out.

Has anyone had this problem or heard of this problem? Do I have to format my card each time before I put it in the cam? How do I go about formatting an SD card?

Thanks for any and all help!

I have not had the issue you speak of with mine. I also formatted the card the first time, but I found that it didn't matter, all the cards come formatted and I just put whatever card of the 7 I have in there and it stores them just fine.

I appreciate the ideas guys, the battery life is showing full still but I will give it a try 1st rather than sending back right now.

How do you go about formating an SD card?

You might want to try taking the batteries and putting them back in. Also, if you plug your sd card into your card reader you can format it from your computer. I have two of the bushnells and havent had anything like that happen. Try a different card and see if it works. Is there a reset button? You might want to try calling Bushnell customer service to see if they have any tips. Depending on where you bought it you might be able to just get a brand new one at no cost. They have a 2 year warranty so it should be covered.

Is it the same card you were using in the camera before? If not try a different card.

My last batch of Bushnells won't work with the moultrie cards. You put the card in and none of the buttons will work and it won't take pics. Put a sandisk, kingston, or any other card in and they work fine. Not really sure what the deal is but sometimes those cards have a mind of their own.

Had a customers cam do this a few days ago and one this morning. Switched cards and the cam worked fine.

Not sure if I had the same problem with my Bushnell as you but it sounds similiar. I was changing a card and I think I changed it "too fast". I switched it off, changed cards, and moved the switch to setup in probably less 15 seconds. The screen came on then went blank instead of going to the menu. So I switched it back to off and waited about 30 seconds. Switched to setup and the menu came back up and the problems was gone.

I make sure I turn all my cameras off before switching cards and I format every card with the camera each time I change one. It only takes an extra 10 seconds to format a card so why take a chance.

Format card is about the 4th option in the Bushnell menu.

Put a new card in and we are all good to go. It is the same kind of card, Kingston 2GB but the 1 must just be a POS.

Thanks all!

Top Bottom