Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cabin fever!

Baby-G

PMA Member
I'm getting cabin fever at a rapid pace! I know I'm supposed to lay around for two weeks after having lumbar spinal fusion. I haven't made it a week and I'm dying to get out and about...

Last edited:
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Raining here and I'm grinding to get out, just one day.....

I really tried to get the surgery earlier in the year. Fought the system and it beat me down over and over. New health care system is horrible!

I will say even though it sucks, it could be worse and be November 3rd right now. Good luck getting better!! :)

Limited to nothing heavier than a gallon of milk. I know my bow is lighter than that. Question is can I pull the bow and can I pull the arrows out?

our lumbar

Limited to nothing heavier than a gallon of milk. I know my bow is lighter than that. Question is can I pull the bow and can I pull the arrows out?

Ask your surgeon, but pulling a bow uses all muscles that are above your lumbar surgery & should not normally be a problem. Can you practice from a sitting position like a chair or stool? All the muscles (& their nerves) you are using to draw a bow originate well above the area you had surgery on. I would think you could shoot a bow as long as you could do it sitting, which isn't a bad thing to practice anyway.

Good luck& heal solid!

I had the exact same surgery a year ago except they fused two levels... three vertebraes. The worst thing you can do is sit around and get stiff. The doc told me the best PT is just normal walking and as much as you can handle withiut causing too much discomfort.
On a side note I had a simple discectomy for a buldgjng disc 5 years ago and the doc wouldnt give me the go ahead to shoot a bow until I had a full release, almost three months after the surgery. He did give me a temporary crossbow permit and I barrowed one to get me through turkey season.
Like others have said dont push yourself... follow your restrictions and PT to a T. The last thing you wanna do is have to go through it all over again or put yourself in anymore pain than necessary. But sitting around doing nothing is almost as bad as doing too much, good luck and hopefully youll have a better outcome than me... Im still feeling it pretty good over a year later

Top Bottom