Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cabin osb coverings

deerdown

Just wondering what others have done to cover their cabin with osb interior. My wife wants to paint, I am trying to think of alternatives. We painted the bathroom, while it looks better than unpainted, it still doesn't trip my trigger.
What have you done? Pics please.

• Deleted by Windlooker
Show…
I have barn board up on several walls in my cabin that I preserved from some old barns I once had on my property. Interior walls that are not barn board are regular drywall. Exterior walls are OSB, which I have painted and am fine with that.

I like the tongue and groove, didn't think of anything like that. Nice. Sheet metal is something I heard of but not sure I could get it past the inspector...
Every cabin has a first aid kit I'd hope...

Last edited:
Knotty pine, rough cut wood like aspen or oak...bin metal all good options. I am doing a bathroom in MN with rough cut oak from Iowa, and corrugated steel/ribbed steel. Rephrase that (I am having someone do the bathroom for me) I don't have those skills!

Since you've already covered he wall wth osb you can use recycled pallets. Tear the apart and piece in

put tarpaper or paint wall black first so you don't see anything behind it if it has bigger gaps where boards go across.

Knotty pine, rough cut wood like aspen or oak...bin metal all good options. I am doing a bathroom in MN with rough cut oak from Iowa, and corrugated steel/ribbed steel. Rephrase that (I am having someone do the bathroom for me) I don't have those skills!

Ribbed steel.jpgVery EZ, inexpensive...this is a bathroom off man cave, but I can see it used with barn wood, knotty pine etc...

that steel is ugly as hell in a house..I can't even fathom someone doing that?
It’s not a house . It’s a bathroom in a man cave /pole shed ... but thanks for your NW MN HGTV opinion. I know that area is know for its high end housing/creative decor.

Last edited:
Let me guess you don’t like this either ?

Attachments

• DE59970F-2C1F-4621-8094-80EFBE874149.jpeg
    DE59970F-2C1F-4621-8094-80EFBE874149.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 80C9A055-91D1-4946-A0F1-E104E22B39ED.jpeg
    80C9A055-91D1-4946-A0F1-E104E22B39ED.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Deleted by Hardwood11
  • Reason: Add
Show…
I have an office with back storage area/ pole shed type slowly making into a man cave ....
The bar pic is not mine. But a local guy in my home town. I’m gonna copy that a bit ...

Top Bottom