Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

camera arms

mmatthes90

Looking to buy a camera arm. Checked online and the only thing reasonably priced is the gorilla camera arm. Anyone have a review of this? I know Muddy's are top end, but I'm looking for something under $100. Anyone helpful thoughts?

We have used the lone wolf arm since we started and never had a problem. Lightweight adjustable and packs nice. You will have guys that say you need more stability but if you put it up correctly it doesn't move. Make sure you get the extension if you go with the lone wolf arm though.

It all depends on what camera you are filming with. The bigger (heavier) the camera the more stable and heavy duty are you are going to need. We have been filming for the last 3 years and found that the Muddy products are the only way to go. They are kind of pricy but they are durable and stable.

for the money, the Gorilla arm is great. Filmed with it as a primary and secondary for a couple years. You'll like it, great for small cams, GoPros included.
:way:

Here is a image of our set up. This is the Canon XH A1 and now we're using the Sony AX2000 and this arm is plenty sturdy for both of these sized cameras.

149292_173123186038120_5895619_n.jpg

I just bought a muddy micro camera mount. It was I think $29.99 at bps in Des Moines. It mounts onto an easy hanger screw in bow hanger. So the total setup was around $45

Next question, are ratchet straps the only way to go, or any thoughts on cinch straps or bungee straps. Just thinking of noise level for set up. Thanks for the help guys!

I have the Lone Wolf camera arm and the Gorilla and the Lone wolf is ten times better. I only use the Gorilla for setting up a separate camera angle where the camera will not be moved.

Top Bottom