Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cheating Walleye Fisherman

Yes!!!! That’s wild!!! Those guys stole a lot of $!!!!! & yes, off topic but first thing that popped into my head was “reminds me of what happened at 2am on election night 2020”.

Has to be fraud charges & I’ll bet there’s chatter on how to remedy their previous winnings on the tournaments & big & they won.

Not too up on the details of this latest fishing derby cheating fracas, but heard all kinds of details from a guide on Lake Mille Lacs last summer on various cheating efforts that he knew about. Sounds like it is kind of thing. There should be some criminal penalties to go along with the forfeiture of the prize winnings IMO.

There should be some criminal penalties to go along with the forfeiture of the prize winnings IMO.
I agree! I read about it yesterday, found it disgusting. They are certainly not sportsman and should be banned from tournaments forever!

I fell into a rabbit hole of this on social media. Sounds like they have won at least 306K using this method including a tourney where they failed the post tourney polygraph but their lawyer got them off and allowed them to keep their winnings. Going to be hard for them to walk down the street in those towns.
The guys who cheated in the yellow bass tourneys got charged and that was over 1500 dollars. This tourney was 30,000

There’s quite an interesting video on this on social media, guys were caught red handed. Lots of comments and yelling… Lots of sponsors involved.

Happens on many levels of the sport unfortunately. Greed for one more win is what catches them all eventually.

It’s fraud, and punishable in court.

Eat at your own risk!

A7E8F38E-84C3-42A3-8FCC-A1AF72C470A7.jpeg

So on the video - one key thing that was repeated was like “u been doing this for years”. “We all knew it”….. wish I knew some guys in that area….. like, these guys had to be on the radar for this?!?? Sounds to me from video a lot of guys maybe were on to em. maybe this is when some folks decided to spring the trap.

I did hear this was suspected for a long time. I guess there was a tournament for a local food bank. Pretty much the entire tournament was designed to have fish and food donated along with raising money. This was the only team that refused to donate their fish following the tournament.

Top Bottom