Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Classic leaderboard?

Last I heard Crawford county was leading the muzzle loader category with a hell of a buck from "the land with no more trees"!

I would say classic entries were way down. Shed numbers I understand as it seems to be a later season. The actual entries for harvested bucks though seemed low.

I would say classic entries were way down. Shed numbers I understand as it seems to be a later season. The actual entries for harvested bucks though seemed low.
That is because the show has moved away from any of the contest and is all about booth sales for crappy products. Went Last year after not having been since 07. Was surprised to see the main room was all booths and all the deer were shoved in the back corner

I tend to go about every other year. Went last year and opted out this year. I agree with the number of bucks displayed has deceased over the years for whatever reason. I suppose if you want the skinny on all the new products out there, then you shouldn't be disappointed. As for me, the average "go out and just hunt without a camera" type of guy, just too much product pimping for me to go every year. That and it's such a hassle to park with state tournaments going on as well.

However, a big Thank you to all those who choose to take a deer down so guys like me that like to wander around and admire big bucks still have something to look at.
Be back next year!

I had a booth at the show, was a good show overall. However, the number of people was way down I noticed. Deer numbers were lower, however the sheds were a joke. Hearsay was several fabricated sheds/fixed sheds/pen raised sheds were removed from the leader boards...Lots of antler auctions/buyers had antlers on the top too for awhile... I noticed one of the youth deer had a broken skull plate..does anyone know if that happened at the show, or did they bring it in that way? He was a booner

I went this year to the classic first time since 2013 and that will be my last visit to the classic! Very disappointed in the shed display an antler auction was in 2nd place when I was there...it's the iowa deer classic and who knows where these sheds come from...game farm or wild deer...I can't say for sure! Seemed like every other booth was selling mineral and actually had a guy say you can dump this product rite under your stand..I wish I remember the booth but I can't! People telling you to do illegal hunting acts that are supposed to be professional! Yes the leader board for deer shot this year is cool but u don't see most the deer shot in iowa I didn't see any of the big names besides David Lindsey enter a buck in the contest..where is the Drury and lakowski deer and all the "pros"!? Just seemed like alot of dumb products people were trying to sell and not much "new" technology! I guess I'd rather take my 7$ parking and 12$ admission and just go to the store and buy it from now on!

Almost positive I saw pictures of that second antler this weekend when I was snow goose hunting. If it was the same he found the antler was from iowa and found by a hunter who was actively hunting the deer.

Top Bottom