Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company
If I had some 2nd and 3rd year clover that could use a boost and I'm seeing plenty of broadleaf weeds getting started, would it be a good plan to spread some clover seed and then spray a light dose of gly? Seeing quite a bit of rain in the 10 day and thought that could get the new seed going and the lighter gly spraying would kill broadleaf without killing older clover. Or do I just let it all go/grow and mow for broadleafs as the year goes?

If you don't have open soil, throwing seed is a waste of time. Personally, I'd just mow the broadleaf weeds.

Then lightly disc or till in the fall, seed with cereal rye and clover seed. Pack back in.

First my disclaimer. I'm not near as good at this stuff as others on here. In my clover plots I spray clethodim for grasses and 2,4,D B for broadleaf, in established plots and have had good results. It does not kill the clover. BUT be careful to use 2,4,D, B (note the "B"). Normal 2,4,D will kill the clover. I mix them in the same application with crop oil most of the time.
If you don’t have a lot of a grass then just try mowing the clover & broadleafs it works for me . Grasses are a different story you have to spray for them if not bad you can spot spray.

First my disclaimer. I'm not near as good at this stuff as others on here. In my clover plots I spray clethodim for grasses and 2,4,D B for broadleaf, in established plots and have had good results. It does not kill the clover. BUT be careful to use 2,4,D, B (note the "B"). Normal 2,4,D will kill the clover. I mix them in the same application with crop oil most of the time.
Do you know if I got a clover alfalfa mix if this would kill the alfalfa?

Do you know if I got a clover alfalfa mix if this would kill the alfalfa?
No problem. Alfalfa & clover can be treated the same way. 2,4-D-B is great for both.

I know there’s some newer herbicides meant to cover grass & broadleaves. I need to figure out which ones are effective. I know there’s one that a few folks have used (it’s not imox) that was supposed to be good. Post up if anyone knows that newer herbicide that covers grass & broadleaves.

No problem. Alfalfa & clover can be treated the same way. 2,4-D-B is great for both.

I know there’s some newer herbicides meant to cover grass & broadleaves. I need to figure out which ones are effective. I know there’s one that a few folks have used (it’s not imox) that was supposed to be good. Post up if anyone knows that newer herbicide that covers grass & broadleaves.
If chicory is in it will that die then?

Top Bottom