Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Columbus Day - My New Favorite Holiday

Let me start by saying I am NOT a professional scorer. With that said, curiosity got the best of me and I picked my antlers up from my taxidermist this past weekend and put a tape to them last night. I came up with a mind blowing gross total of 207-3/8". That doesn't even seem possible to me, as I guestimate him at 180" max, so I'm going to have them professionally scored. Some #'s that I remember are 18" inside spread and 24-4/8" & 24-7/8" main beams, (I think). I'll post my full measurements when I get home from work tonight.

I'm almost certain that my scoring is on the high side, but there's no way I could have scored him 27" on the high side of the official gross score. So even if he doesn't officially break the 200" mark, he should score well into the 180's or 190's, I would think. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part and I need to take a class on antler scoring... I'll post my scoring sheet tonight and I'll post the 'official' score once it's done as well.

6:30 PM today marks a full week from when I harvested him, and I'm still riding the emotional high. Leading up to the season, I was talking to my wife and my buddies about how much I'd lost the passion for the sport over the course of the past couple of years. This buck sure stoked the fire in my belly back to life, that's for sure...
View attachment 118683
I hate to burst ur bubble my friend!!!!! Anything less than an inch does not measure, haha with that being said, if your measurements were correct your buck only scored 206 and change!!!!Awesome job!!!! And a huge Congratulations!

I hate to burst ur bubble my friend!!!!! Anything less than an inch does not measure, haha with that being said, if your measurements were correct your buck only scored 206 and change!!!!Awesome job!!!! And a huge Congratulations!

Thanks. I think I can live with those deductions. I'll be curious to get a more accurate score from somebody who actually knows what they're doing. Scoring accuracy hasn't mattered much to me in the past, because I'm more interested in the general range my bucks are in, and only gross score. (Nets are for fishing.) It's more important to me with this one though since the 200" mark may be a possibility.

Top Bottom