Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Corn harvest date

turkeyriver

PMA Member
Talked to an ethanol plant corn buyer yesterday about selling them some corn. She said the anticipated beginning corn harvest date for Iowa is Oct. 19. With no corn yet tasseling, I agree completely. Even with perfect weather from here on out, it will be late. Just about all the soybeans were planted in June, so that will be very late also.

Well from a deer/hunting perspective that is good news. The deer should be healthy going into winter with plenty of food. Also should keep pressure off some of the food plots making them plentiful for late season hunting. May be a little tougher to find some of the big boys in November, but I'm always game for a challenge :way:

Maybe some of your little guys will have a chance to make it another year TR, with you being in the fields all of November :D

Sprayed my plots yesterday, theyre looking great so far. The rain here today with the hot weather to follow should make the crops boom this week.

Bring on October :way:

Top Bottom