Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Couple firsts this year

Crab Claws 12

PMA Member
About a year ago I bought a Bear recurve off ebay, shot it alot all summer at 3-D shoots and almost every night after work, I felt pretty confident out to 20yrds. I really wanted to take a deer with it. I hunted several times early in October with no shot oportunities. On November 1st I hunted a tree I call the Kill Tree, at 4:00pm a nice 8 came up out of the valley I gave him one grunt to get him coming in my direction, he came by the tree at 13yrds, perfect right in my wheelhouse, I drew hit my anchor point and let the Bear eat, the arrow passed through him like a hot knife through butter, he made two quick bounds didn't know what just happpend, he bedded quickly about 50yrds from the stand I watched him expire. Not a big deer but a very rewarding hunt taking a deer with taditional gear.

FullSizeRender_zpsff440cbf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My second first for this year was taking a deer out of state, a friend talked me into going over to Wisconsin with him since I was tagged out in Iowa and still had vacation time to burn, not to mention I wanted more time in the woods during the rut, I hunted only public ground saw very few deer and alot of squirrel hunters every day. I did a lot of scouting with my stand on my back trying to find some good sign to set up on, November 11th I found a ridge with alot of big rubs on it, threw the stand up and hunted it that night with only one fork coming through, sat in it the next day all day, just at last light had this nice buck come over the ridge right past me at 25yrds.

FullSizeRender_zpsbecf6e8a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a great season it was and good luck to thoses still hunting.

Excellent 2014 Season, Crab! Heck, You may have another harvest photo to add come the late seasons!

Big congrats!! Especially on the recurve success! Makes me really want get into traditional myself after seeing a photo like that. Looks like 2014 has been pretty good to you so far.

Top Bottom