Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Covid-19- A different perspective

Thanks for posting IBH83. The Patriot Act was passed in time of mass panic following 9/11, and is still in place. Think we lost civil liberties under it? Wait until we freely hand over 2 to 3 times as many in the wake of this unnessessary C19 panic that the MSM continues to stoke. Grab yer ankles and close yer eyes...

Agree first statement, although there is much debate it is higher.

Tin. Foil.

Edit: Also. Your second statement works against your first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The second statement simply implies that covid-19 is here, has been here, and has spread undetected with a mortality rate far lower than current numbers indicate.
The number of confirmed cases lags substantially because of lack of testing. This is actually a good thing as it relates to mortality rate. Simple x/y math.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

But the flu kills more and more year after year and no one says anything? 2.2 % of the worls population died on roads last year. Why are cars not taken away? The sky isnt falling. Ask 10 health professionals get 7 different answers. Some say 6 mo ths after having it you can again. No vaccine, no cure. Why does everyone want to be tested? Arent you already quarantined? The test isnt pleasant, and if you have it those you have been living with have been exposed already.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
What source are you looking at that says ‘2.2% of the world’s population died on roads last year’? Common sense should tell you that is false.

What source are you looking at that says ‘2.2% of the world’s population died on roads last year’? Common sense should tell you that is false.
World Health Organization. World wide its #9
And heart disease is over 23%

and there goes one of the last places on the web swept up in this mess

I agree with the basic tenant of the OP that the current shutdown is untenable. It just is.

That it's been designed to unseat the President is pure hogwash. When you're at the top you get to take credit for all the good but you also own the bad. He has mishandled this from the start.

Death statistics for US only. This is from 2017 but percentages remain similar year to year.

Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths: 2,813,503

Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population

Life expectancy: 78.6 years

Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, tables 1, 3, 13 pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 647,457

Cancer: 599,108

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404

Diabetes: 83,564

Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633

Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So 171.6M died in car accidents last year huh?

If you would like to dig a hole and go live in it because you are scared the media says this is going to kill us all then thats fine. My wife works in health care directly and there are 0 haspitalized cases, no deaths and 0 people went thru the testing line yesterday. So this hospital's are packed, everyone is lining up for an unpleasant painfull test just isnt true. Its manipulation by the media. Businesses are going to fail and people will start acting crazy in a couple weeks if money runs out. Now they cant even pass a bill to help people because they slip on items that have nothing to do with helping now. Alot of people cant help themselves and lean on the government.... Think thats by design?

If you would like to dig a hole and go live in it because you are scared the media says this is going to kill us all then thats fine. My wife works in health care directly and there are 0 haspitalized cases, no deaths and 0 people went thru the testing line yesterday. So this hospital's are packed, everyone is lining up for an unpleasant painfull test just isnt true. Its manipulation by the media. Businesses are going to fail and people will start acting crazy in a couple weeks if money runs out. Now they cant even pass a bill to help people because they slip on items that have nothing to do with helping now. Alot of people cant help themselves and lean on the government.... Think thats by design?

I don’t want to live in a hole. In fact I’m not afraid for my health at all. But I do worry about the the elderly and the unhealthy. Just because your little corner of the world doesn’t have C19 does not mean this is representative of what is going on elsewhere. Pull your head out from under the rock and get a clue.

I don’t want to live in a hole. In fact I’m not afraid for my health at all. But I do worry about the the elderly and the unhealthy. Just because your little corner of the world doesn’t have C19 does not mean this is representative of what is going on elsewhere. Pull your head out from under the rock and get a clue.

Every area isnt the same. Exactly my point.

So then your logical conclusion is “big gov’t conspiracy, lets not worry about it”

No I am saying lets not lose our minds and keep a level head. Im saying a large portion of media is manipulative. Im saying not every county and area needs the same reaction as highly populated areas of the coasts and overseas. The tiny corner of the world my wife works has 5 known cases out of 120k+ residents for the county. Not 1 hospitalized case. This wont be the last time this will need to be addressed. That is all for me. Work to do

No I am saying lets not lose our minds and keep a level head. Im saying a large portion of media is manipulative. Im saying not every county and area needs the same reaction as highly populated areas of the coasts and overseas. The tiny corner of the world my wife works has 5 known cases out of 120k+ residents for the county. Not 1 hospitalized case. This wont be the last time this will need to be addressed. That is all for me. Work to do

Fair enough

I don't want to downplay this as it is a serious matter to elderly and possibly others. In Minnesota in the past week we had 11 deaths from the common flu, and 1 from the Coronavirus. Just sharing that statistic.

and there goes one of the last places on the web swept up in this mess

I agree with the basic tenant of the OP that the current shutdown is untenable. It just is.

That it's been designed to unseat the President is pure hogwash. When you're at the top you get to take credit for all the good but you also own the bad. He has mishandled this from the start.

Some of his statements were not accurate in the first few weeks, but he took more action than any Democrat would have done. Biden just 10 days ago, said it was a mistake that we banned travel from China and Europe. Dr. Fauci said that the US would be in a much worse situation if Trump had not banned the flights.

Trump has been pushing for American first, bring companies back to the US, stop illegal immigration, made in the US, not China...He is spot on. The economy and the market will come back and he will be re-elected.

You can make a comment about Tin Foil hats, but being prior military and still working for the military as a civilian contractor and the things I have learned about Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Warfare that China did not release this virus to test its impact on the worlds economy especially the U.S. after we just happen to implement trade deals that that were starting to benefit the states.
We have been so worried about a nuclear attack from North Korea and Russia and small attacks on some cities that have been attacked chemically over the years that we were not prepared for a biological airborne attack.
Just my two cents worth.

Some of his statements were not accurate in the first few weeks, but he took more action than any Democrat would have done. Biden just 10 days ago, said it was a mistake that we banned travel from China and Europe. Dr. Fauci said that the US would be in a much worse situation if Trump had not banned the flights.

Trump has been pushing for American first, bring companies back to the US, stop illegal immigration, made in the US, not China...He is spot on. The economy and the market will come back and he will be re-elected.

I know I really shouldn't but can't help myself.

I get it. You love trump and he can do no wrong. While I am no fan of the president as a person I don't hate him or wish him ill. I would gladly see him have 4 more years to have avoided this mess. I hope and pray he can lead the country out of this. I think he could have cemented 4 more years getting out in front of this. Now I think he's the most vulnerable he's been.

He continues to make false and misleading statements.

To say he took more action then any Democrat would is ridiculous. You just don't know that. Obama did more in the early stages of the Ebola outbreak in 2014. You can argue that China may not have accepted our help in the early stages but he should of at least tried. There is no way the President was not being warned about the potential of this virus in the early stages. You going to try and tell me that the slime ball Senators that sold off their stock before the crash, and warned their rich donors, had info the President didn't?

Flights should have been stopped sooner. Even more draconian actions should have been taken for American citizens reentering the country. Forced testing and quarantine. Would not have been popular but it's what should have happened. Should have been straight talk from the beginning and maybe we wouldn't be in such a shitty place right now. It's called leadership and it's obvious that in a crisis his is severely lacking. You want to take all the credit when things are going great you also have to own it when they go bad.

Qualified people, in and out of government, have been warning about this very event for a long time. Trump was not the only one to ignore them but I have no doubt that once this thing blew up in China there were people advising Trump that we would be right were we are now. To be clear I do not lay this all at his feet but he ignored the science in an effort to hold up the market. There was a chance to get in front of this. Instead we are weeks behind where we should be in this ordeal.

Ultimately, History will be the judge. People from the Adminitration will talk. Books will be written and we will know what happened behind the scenes.

Maybe he'll be elected. We'll find out. Not my main concern. I believe the economy can rebound but it's going to take some work. I do not believe we can just go back to business as usual.

I've said my piece on the matter and will be reluctant to reengage on the subject. I have noticed a lot of nastiness across social media lately and I cannot think of a more provoking subject.

All of this has nothing to do with the OP's original thoughts about the current shutdown, how long we can do it and how we're going to come out of it. It's going to take real leadership from the top and a serious buy in from the populace to get out of this mess and it's going to be painful.

Top Bottom