Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Custom muzzleloader

2dblind

Does anyone have one and if so do you feel like they are worth it? I have the chance to get into one right and wanted someone's opinion on them if the did have them.

Thanks for the help.

Out of 8 long guns I have, 6 are custom built. Barrels are usually better, but the big differences is in the triggers and locks. Plus you get the length of pull and cast off to fit you. Not to mention better wood.

OK then, "worth it" depends on what you are looking for. I have one that Luke converted from a Rem 700ML action. It is easily less than MOA accurate. Shoots a .458 cal. 310 grain bare bullet, custom sized to my bore @ 2700+ fps. That is energy similar to a 458 Win Mag. A little (OK, a lot) overkill for whitetail at "normal" ranges but awesome accurate. Furthest I have shot paper so far has been 400 yards (Leupold 4x12 scope with CDS dial) and it still shoots right at MOA (4" group) at that range and might do better with more scope or if I was a better shot from the bench. Given a good rest, reasonable wind and a still target, it is easily at least a 400 yard "muzzleloader". If you are looking to go "west" with it be aware that not all states allow scopes &/or smokeless powder for ML season.

I appreciate the info. Sounds like a stand up gun. I'm interested to see it in my hands (afraid it'll never leave once there).

X2 on what HorseDoctor said, a very accurate SML muzzleloader, Luke does a heck of a job and builds some very nice outfits. He has a Facebook page that shows some of his toy's.

X3, but there are other very good builders out there too. Since you are already on to one, do you mind sharing what it is? Break action? Bolt gun? 209 ignition? LMRP ignition? I will assume .45?

Top Bottom