Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dads Jan. 10th unlucky/lucky day

bowtech150

Backstrap Assassin
My season came and went and no deer tags filled. Missed a couple deer. Broadhead failure I will say. Dad had a great year, killed 5 deer with the bow. Filmed two kills and got lots of good footage. So last day of the season I get the play by play while I watch squirrels. About 3:45 dad texts me saying finally a doe shows up I am about to shoot. Get another text a few moments later one down one to go. about 4:30 or so he text me and said nice buck chasing does my way what do you think should i shoot him..I said shoot the fella. Text comes back he ran off with the arrow in him. I am shaking he said. Soo now the interesting part. Go down to help him track this buck. We found the doe easy. Tracked this buck and blood was awesome then we realized how far we had gone so far. Then it started raining what to do. Let it rain and lose blood or keep tracking and hope hes not too far ahead? So we kept going we were getting into some thick stuff and knew we would never find him the next day. So we kept going. The more we walked the more we realized we were pushing him in front of us. I knew we should stop but we were so nervous with this rain we didnt want to chance it. With the amount of blood he lost he should have been dead 2 hours ago! But still here we are. All the sudden we heard like 10 coyotes ahead of us going crazy and in the middle of nowhere thats kinda freaky. So they chased him around for a bit and made this track even worse after 5 hours we finally got to an area we were very familiar with and knew he would bed up in there if we could sneak away. Came back the next day and basically tracked off his footprints and found him! Turned out he only hit one lung. Lots of high fives were given that morning. Went back and tracked our walk on the computer and we walked 4 miles following this deer. Yes a lot of people would shun for tracking a deer like that but we rolled the dice and did everything we could to make sure we recoverd this deer.

1528589_10201329248457121_1032186779_n.jpg

Great buck. Hey, you make the best decision with the information you have. You found him, so you made the right decision... :way:

Congrats to pops!

Top Bottom