Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Classic Big Buck Contest

treerat

I am planning on going to the show for the first time this weekend and entering a buck into the contest. Anyone know what time entered heads can be brought home on Sunday? Sounds like they can be entered anytime Friday through Sunday but I am curious what time they can be picked up. Thanks in advance.

Thank you DeerHunter3!

I used to be able to post pics via phone on IW app... am I missing something?

Once you enter a deer at the Classic it is simultaneously registered with the DNR and listed online in their recordbook history. It will forever be associated with your name and the county of harvest.

I hear ya and that's why I haven't registered any of mine. This is my 12 year old's muzzleloader buck... about160 inches. It shouldn't attract unwanted attention and it will be a good experience for him.

I hear ya and that's why I haven't registered any of mine. This is my 12 year old's muzzleloader buck... about160 inches. It shouldn't attract unwanted attention and it will be a good experience for him.

So why don't you register your deer? Because it is assiocated with your name and county?

"Once you enter a deer at the Classic it is simultaneously registered with the DNR and listed online in their recordbook history. It will forever be associated with your name and the county of harvest. "

Unless this has changed since 2007, I don't think this is true. My memory, which I don't trust much anymore, was that you could decline entrance into the IA DNR record books on the Big Buck contest entrance form.

Again, things may have changed since 07.

Last edited:
I had this happen from my processor. SOB's tracked who brought in big deer and kept records over the years. Had them show up thinking they were soliciting the neighbors property but it was my family with a different last name.

^^ don't think your head needs to go with your meat. One tag for meat one for antlers.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

That may very well be the case. I should reword my original post to read like this: be very cognizant during the registration process at the Classic as you may inadvertently opt to include your deer on the DNR's list of trophies

I don't recall how many forms I signed or checkboxes I ticked when I took my mounts. There is a real possibility that I could have kept myself off the DNR website had I known what I was doing ahead of time.

Just filled out the paper work today for all of it. I do believe you are automatically entered in the Iowa buck registry unless you decline otherwise. I had mine entered in pope and young, lucky they judged the splitting of a time off the main beam.as.non typical point so I will fly under the radar as a bambi deer

I told the gf to put them on the Deer Classic FB Page..she works that part of the show (social media) anyone like that they were on there so quickly?

Top Bottom