Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

deer meat for those who need it

arrow flinger

Life Member
I heard somewhere that there was a program that alowed one to bring deer meet to a shelter for those who are less fortunate. I was just wondering if there was such a program. If there is where can i get information about how it works. Between my brother and i we took 9 deer this year with bow and muzzel loading equipment and thats just too much meat for us to eat in 1 year. I like to be able to use my doe tags to cut down the population but really dont need the meat. Any info would be apriciated.

arrowslinger, i cant find nothing about a hunters for the hungry program in Iowa.Im not sure we have one.Ill keep looking for something though, I think its a great idea personnally, sure beats having a couple hundred pounds of deer sit in the freezer and spoil.I eat all the deer I shoot but it sounds like you guys might get more tags than we do around this part of the state.
smile.gif

I know that there is such a program in the Cedar Rapids area, we can take deer to the local lockers and they will process the deer for no charge and make sure that it gets distributed to the local food banks, I am not sure if whitetails unlimited is the main sponsor or who is but if I am not mistaken Jim Kindig the local taxidermist had a posting in his shop last year.

Top Bottom