Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer movement update thread

This is way off subject, but does anyone know where a guy could get replacement parts for a carry lite deer decoy? I had a buck bust mine up pretty good a couple years ago and JB weld only goes so far when holding pieces together. You'd think there's gotta be somewhere I could get parts instead of buying a whole new decoy? Thanks.

Seen some chasing going on this morning. Bucks are hard on the does in Woodbury County.

Nov 2 - am - seen two spikes mouthes wide open dogging a doe. Tmrw morning alot of bucks will be hitting the dirt.

Sat a new stand last night, had a young buck follow two does into a cut corn field ~300 yards out. Grunted at him and he came in on a string, got broadside, 15 yards out. Walked past, attacked a cedar tree at 22 yards, went to a licking branch over a scrape and freshened it at 35 yards. I let him continue going away before climbing down and slipping out.

Hello everyone...nooby here. Been reading a bit here the last week.. Great forum!

Hunting east central Iowa it's been the slowest year I've ever seen so far. Saw my first 2 year and a 1/2 olds just yesterday morning. Decided to move a stand last night and busted a 3 1/2 growling at a doe right under my stand. Made a bad decision to move the stand anyway and when I got to the new location I busted a big 10 and a mature doe. I agree with Zattack 10....Nov 3 AM is going to be busy after the rain here and a bit cooler.

Last edited:
My Father in Law had a good morning in the stand. Had two different bucks come through shortly after light. Shot the only one that gave him a shot and while he was down recovering it, had 3 more dinks come through following a doe.
IMG951141.jpg

• Deleted by MNbuckhunter
Show…
I'm out now. On the point they come out last night .
Get this! My kid got out of school early and hopped in MY stand I had set for tomorrow morning.....when I get home we're gonna have a chat. Anyway he's says he's got a 4 1/2 brute "walking around following a doe ". (100-200 yds out) She could be getting warm?

Yesterday saw 4pointer chasing a doe and four other does by themselves stroll through. This morning saw a different 4pointer freshen up a scrape 20 yards from my tree. And yeah the damn mosquitoes are back....well it sounded like skeeters and was biting me in the face. Had everything else covered up thank god. Getting lots of nigh time pics on the trail cam. Wright county

Have seen 2 bucks locked down. Best action first hour/ last hour. Been very slow overall. Had a shooter in range the 26th and this morning. Mostly 2nd years and younger. Heat is really keeping it subdued during the day. Had a buck cruising behind the house Halloween at 2. Oh and the gnats are bad

Saw 5 bucks and 2 doe yesterday in SW WI. 4.5 yr old, 2.5 yr old and 3 dinks. Buck movement was 9:45, 2:45 & 4:45. 4.5 yr old and dink chasing doe 2:45 in cut corn.

Yesterday the 2nd was very slow. Only seen one buck. Sat in the stand for 9 hrs. I seen many deer in the fields on the drive down and on the drive out at night. Very few pics on the scrape cams since Oct 28. The next three day I'm at my friends place.
Hopefully it picks up but we'll have a great time getting caught up renewing the friendship since last year. I have a Bowhunters mindset.... today will be better :)

All day sit yesterday and I saw 1 spike. Only saw 5 does too though. Went 9 hr stretch without seeing any animal that doesn't climb trees. I could see only 50yrds any direction so that doesn't help. Could hear grab ass in the standing corn at last light. SC Iowa

I sat last night in Webster County and didn't see too much movement. Saw one little basket rack pushing a doe but that was about it. However, on my way to work this morning there was rutting activity in several ag fields. Had a pretty nice buck run across the street in front of my car nowhere near any cover just North of Ames. I think the time is finally here!

Hunted yesterday afternoon. In stand now and will be all day today. 2.5 year old last night. One doe so far this morning. No action. Quite a bit of corn still up. Turkey have been nice to listen to this morning. Winneshiek county.

NW Iowa. Saw a little buck pushing a doe around on the 27th. Went scouting on the 2nd to see if the corn was out. Saw a 2 1/2 year old following a doe with a 4 1/2 year old mid 150's buck shadowing them.

NE Iowa - saw a 3, 2, and 1 year old buck surrounding a doe in an open bean field. Obviously she was almost ready. I usually see more of this around mid November but there are a few early ones every year.

Top Bottom