Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer movement update thread

Seen 20-25 deer this morning, stud buck came by stand at 15 yards. Shot and got good blood, pretty sure I got 1 lung.

Had my best buck to date at 7 yds following a doe. Just as he was about to step into lane he took off after her. Had another decent 8 following another doe. Wouldn't respond to calls. Both around 9 this am. Central iowa

Last edited:
Hunted the north side of farm today, corner of a timber pocket looking over a cut corn field. Seen 3 deer. 2 lone button bucks and a lone fawn. 37 degrees this morning, sat till 1130. Worst sit I've had as far as deer numbers go. Don't know what the deal was. Lone fawns are a good sign I guess.

Saw over 20 different deer this morning. Lots of little bucks cruising and one mature buck. He pushed a doe for awhile and then left. She must not be ready yet. Had to run an errand and jumping back in the stand now

Was shocked that I had two does and a spike come within 20 yards of my decoy this morning . Left the decoy in the truck now sitting the afternoon into the evening .

Sat midmorning until dark. 3 dinks each racing a doe. Didn't see anything during power hour...weird. SCIOWA

Pretty modest deer action for us tonight...I only saw one doe, but with the wind direction I played it pretty conservative. My son saw some, one 5 year old buck on his feet close to last light. Hoping for more zest tomorrow AM!!

I finally got into the deer yesterday. Lots of movement all bucks were following does and bumping them at times. My buddy went to another farm several miles away and seen does and small bucks doing the same.
I seen 22 does and 7 bucks. Two were shooter bucks. I was in the stand at 2:30 PM and the action was non stop until dark.

That is a very true statement find the does. Sometimes that's easier said then done but we had two sets of eyes out there and found where the highest concentration of does were. We readjustment our strategy after my sit last night. Its my last day here so we'll see how the day progresses.

Top Bottom