Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR Auction

ISHEDHUNT

Life Member
I couldn't believe my eyes this weekend! I saw the DNR handing a 22 rifle around for everyone to inspect. The rifle was handled by the guy standing next to me and his son. When the rifle came up for auction the DNR agent holding the rifle pulled the bolt back and out tumbled a live round. To say the least I was abit pissed that peoples lives were endangered because of such carelessness. This was not the only gun with ammo in it. I watched as they shook a few of the pellet guns and they had BB's or Pellets in them.
I just wondered if anyone else saw this?

Chris
shocked.gif
mad.gif

...sure hope the person in charge of that blunder doesn't work in the Hunter Education program...

And who was issued a citation? Who transported the loaded gun to the auction? The Iowa DNR. Do unto others as you...

Very lucky no one was hurt or worse.

Also, isn't everyone who handled the gun at fault.

I was always taught and teach my children if handed a gun the very first thing you do is point the business end in a safe direction and check to see if it is loaded. I tell my kids if they do not know how do this then don't touch the gun.

Perhaps the DNR and father & son should look into some type of gun safety instruction.

Im with bow4it, the first thing I do when I pick up a gun is to open the chamber, not only to see if the guns loaded but to make sure its working properly.I cant believe the gun was passed around and no one even tried the bolt out.But your right the DNR should have made sure all the guns were unloaded before being brought out.
frown.gif

Top Bottom