Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dog days of summer

Buckhunter92

Kind of an unplanned trip. Got home from work an asked the bride if she cared if I went fishing for the night. She said go for it i hooked up the boat and was on the road by 4. I was headed to one of the places that you just never know what your going to catch. There's been some absolute giants caught out of here. Bigbuckhunter88 can attest to that. The frog bite was hot to say the least. Got a call when I was out there that made all these fish a little bitter sweet. Good ole boy from town that fished this place all the time had passed away the day before. The place won't be the same without him out there an pulling up to see the red truck and trailer sitting in the parking lot.

Attachments

• 109089.jpeg
    109089.jpeg
    942.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 109088.jpeg
    109088.jpeg
    815.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 109085.jpeg
    109085.jpeg
    901.7 KB · Views: 214
What a lake & great night!!! Sad phone call but that looks great! I love the Lilly pads & stuff- not sure if it’s good or not (assume yes?) but Reminds me of kid in MI fishing those Lilly pads. Frogs were fun!! Need to look into lilly pads for iowa ponds.
dog days of summer done soon!!! Well done!!

If I was to guess I'd say why that's why we fish get so big.. with all the pads an milfoil they have so much area to hid. Like finding a needle in a haystack. It's just a marsh tho no more than 4 feet deep

Nice fish. Miss fishing that place. Havent been there at all this year.
The pads and milfoil make tremendous cover but almost impossible to navigate the boat except for the same channel.
Sad to hear about Arley.

Top Bottom