Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Down goes Groot

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
I've made several posts about what a strange and slow year it has been. The last couple days it seemed to finally cut loose just a little bit. Caught this guy yesterday afternoon on the hunt for a new girlfriend.

My son is now old enough to get into it (4). I let him track and find the deer which was by far my favorite thing of the whole deal.

Also shot a juvenile bobcat on way to stand. Fun day!

FB_IMG_1636767728083.jpg154257.jpeg

Screenshot_20211112-194006_Gallery.jpg

Looks like a great day! Awesome buck and great time with your son. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great buck and kitty! Question for you, did you shoot the buck near where you had it on camera? Thanks he reason I ask is the buck I dream of was on one of my cams yesterday afternoon/evening. Too bad for me I was 200 yards south of there. Should I hunt the creek crossing where he was on camera, or the food that is nearby?

Another beauty for you, congrats on a stud! I bet watching the young lad track him was a special moment, awesome!

Great buck and kitty! Question for you, did you shoot the buck near where you had it on camera? Thanks he reason I ask is the buck I dream of was on one of my cams yesterday afternoon/evening. Too bad for me I was 200 yards south of there. Should I hunt the creek crossing where he was on camera, or the food that is nearby?
Yeah 25 yards away. I hung the stand a week ago. What really got the deer killed was some other puzzle pieces tho. I was getting pictures after dark on other side of farm so I knew he wasn't super close. And most importantly I saw the deer multiple times last year in this section of the farm. So I figured based on above that area was the spot to get him

Yeah 25 yards away. I hung the stand a week ago. What really got the deer killed was some other puzzle pieces tho. I was getting pictures after dark on other side of farm so I knew he wasn't super close. And most importantly I saw the deer multiple times last year in this section of the farm. So I figured based on above that area was the spot to get him
10-4. Thanks for the help! And congrats again!

Great looking buck, Congrats! I love all the character points . Sounds like you have a little history with that buck. Any idea on his age?

Great looking buck, Congrats! I love all the character points . Sounds like you have a little history with that buck. Any idea on his age?
He was 4. He got moved up the hit list by a year for a few different reasons. 5 is my number but was happy to make an exception for him. Only buck I will have ever harvested off that farm. He made me happy and I had a great experience with my boy so all good. AND this puts some other deer off the list for me. See what they can do at 6 if they make it.

Top Bottom