Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Elite bows

Any members here shoot Elite? Or has anyone? Currently shooting a Mathews Heli-m but these bows have intrigued me as of late. I just don't know a whole lot about them. I shot one the other day and it seemed nice. Only complaint I really noticed was the draw cycle didn't seem to be as smooth as my Mathews is!

Been shooting Elites since 2007. The impulse has a different (more extreme / difficult) draw cycle than the rest of them. Try a few different models - very smooth draw cycles and quiet bows.

I have had an Elite Hunter since 2012 and I have liked it. They are super smooth! I'm going to get new strings and cables on mine and plan to shoot it for a few more years.

I have Synergy & love it. I was gonna buy a faster bow but so far this rascal has done great. I had a Mathews (forget which one, from about 4 years ago) and I think the Elite is much smoother. Only thing I don't like about it.... When I'm at full draw - letting it down still makes me nervous just cause it's such a little gap between cake holding it and then releasing down can be fast. Hard to explain. It's smooth, quiet and with super heavy arrows it's still fast. But, I also have 80 lbs so maybe that's part of the draw down that adds to me being nervous. Pulling it back is nothing, no problem at all and yes, 80 lbs adds some speed. 99% of folks would never shoot 80 lbs but I just like it for extra power and it feels the same as my mathews at 70 lbs anyways. easy to pull & hold forever and sure shoots nice.

I got an Elite Hunter a couple years ago and really like it. Not the fastest bow out there, but it is comparable to the bow I had before it. Fast enough to kill a deer I'm sure, but I have yet to get a shot at one with it. I really like the draw on it, and the saying "you have to push the string forward to let down" is very true on this bow. I get a little "nervous" as well when I'm letting it down because of this, as I don't want it to jerk suddenly. I always catch myself thinking "c'mon already, let down!" My old bow wanted to creep forward while trying to hold it back. This bow is a breeze to hold back, although I haven't tried holding it for several minutes waiting for a deer to get in a shooting lane. Had that happen once a few years ago with the old bow and I think that was half of the reason I missed him. I haven't shot any of the other Elites to compare to this one. I heard enough good things about them that I just went ahead and bought it online, hoping it would be as good as I thought...I think it is.

Do this simple test. Go to the bow shop and put a blindfold on and shoot all the bows without knowing which one you have and rate them. By covering your eyes, the other senses kick in hyperdrive and you will be able to tell a significant difference between the bows. I hear ppl saying the Mathews draws better and I can't figure this out because of the huge dead zone when the cams roll over in a Mathews bow. Yes they draw the soothest UNTIL the cams roll and then you hit what feels like a 4 inch dead zone with no weight and slam into a spongy back wall. It's my personal opinion that this is why guys tear up their shoulders shooting bows.

Last edited:
I shoot an Elite "Hunter" and love it. I have often felt like the video on the "Energy" is possible with my "Hunter" but I dont have the nerve to try it!

I used to be the new bow every year guy. I've been shooting the same elite since the spring of 2011. best shooting bow I've ever owned. have gotten alot of friends to make the switch and have zero complaints from anyone. I shoot all the new ones every year and can't find anything that feels better so I'm going to keep shooting it

Just bought my son a synergy. He loves it. I shot it some. Nice smooth draw, as smooth as or more smooth as my Z7 extreme. I was impressed with it.

Last edited:
I had a Matthews Monster and hated it. All Matthews are top heavy and ill balanced. I shot bear, elite, pse and I settled for a Martin.

I shoot a Synergy and absolutely love it, rock solid back wall and a very forgiving bow. Prior to purchasing it I was shooting a Bowtech.

I've never owned one but constantly find myself looking at them. I have shot them in shops many times and always like them. I just have not been comfortable buying a bow without yokes.

FYI. I saw a thread on AT that they have discontinued their transferable warranty.

Top Bottom