Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ELK

horkeymike

Guys I just watched a 5x5 elk run across the section. I made it around and watched him cross the road and let me tell you there were no ear tags or holes in this boys ears. He crossed 20yds in front of me. This is the first one I have ever seen in person in my area and we don't have many trees where I live. We was very light colored "didn't have that real dark look to him). Just thought I'd share this because its not every day I see elk around this neck of the woods.

That's pretty cool. Good luck locating his sheds. Keep us posted on any updates. Any chance at getting some pictures of him?

You gotta be kidding me, I didn't think that part of IA hardly held any deer much less elk! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I don't know of any elk farms in that area, any you can think of?

My uncle raises elk and I don't think they are all tagged. Whenever one gets loose all he has to do is drive about 6 miles to the next neighboring elk farm and it is usually there trying to get in with the others.

Top Bottom