Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Employment in Cedar Rapids area

SouthernIowa

PMA Member
Can anyone give me any suggestions about any part-time employment opportunities around Cedar Rapids that would have to do with the outdoors/hunting. I know there is a Dicks Sporting Goods and a Gander Mountain and i plan on applying there but I was wondering if there are many other similar jobs around. Im going to college in Cedar Rapids and will be applying for jobs after I get back from x mas break. I hate being in a city but I figure if i have to be here i want a job where i can try to help help people with information I have about the outdoors and I want to be around people who share the same interests as me.

i also go to school in cedar rapids and let me tell ya good luck finding a job like that. they are hard to find and even harder to get cause trust me your not the only country boy looking for one.

Ya tell me about it. I looked for one first semester and i didnt find anything or I didnt get any calls back. Do you go to Kirkwood?

try palo outdoors, or scheels wouldn't be that bad of a drive from Kwood, it's in Coralville. Also fin & feather is in Iowa City. otherwise Gander or Dicks, there's also another archery shop in town, i dont know if they need any help or not, worth a call though.

Boy, I would have to think Dick's might have something seasonal??

I was thinking Scheels in Coralville as well....

you could also try calling hunter's specialties. their main headquarters is on the NE side of CR. maybe you could get a part time gig there.

yea i go to kirkwood. how bout you? i had same idea as you and applyed everywhere and nothin. not saying you couldnt have better luck than me tho.

Theisens isn't exactly all about hunting but I enjoy spending countless hours there just browsing the farm and outdoors stufff... and eating popcorn. There might be something there for you. There are two locations in town too.

Top Bottom