Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fat 10

Deer man, maybe he party hunted last year with a gun and drew his bow tag this year. Many residents and NR do the party hunt thing every year. Not trying to speak for him but I bet that’s the scenario.

Deer man, maybe he party hunted last year with a gun and drew his bow tag this year. Many residents and NR do the party hunt thing every year. Not trying to speak for him but I bet that’s the scenario.

Yes is was party hunting in 19. Good friend hunted with me as well as a local. We filled some buck and does tags. Same deal in 2021, lots of nice survivors. Plus we may have a new farm to hunt? Hopefully

You are lucky to have an Iowa resident who would burn his any sex tag on your buck. I am truly great friends with my nonresident neighbors down South but would never tag a buck for one of them when I hunt with them. I have a couple of nonresident landowner neighbors who have the farmer who farms their ground buy a deer tag. He is on standby if they shoot a buck which is illegal as hell since he is not actively hunting with them. This is kind of like when Iowa let nonresident landowners buy a bow doe tag when they didn't draw a buck tag. We all know how that turned out. Deer hunting has turned into Nascar- Dale Jr. once said if you ain't cheatin you ain't winning. This is my 52nd year of Iowa deer hunting and I have seen and heard it all. I used to hunt with a CO before he was promoted to chief law enforcement of the whole DNR and he once told me "don't ever do a violation in front of me or I will charge you like anybody else- if I don't I lose all of my credibility." That has always stuck with me so I have zero tolerance for even the slightest violation.

You are lucky to have an Iowa resident who would burn his any sex tag on your buck. I am truly great friends with my nonresident neighbors down South but would never tag a buck for one of them when I hunt with them. I have a couple of nonresident landowner neighbors who have the farmer who farms their ground buy a deer tag. He is on standby if they shoot a buck which is illegal as hell since he is not actively hunting with them. This is kind of like when Iowa let nonresident landowners buy a bow doe tag when they didn't draw a buck tag. We all know how that turned out. Deer hunting has turned into Nascar- Dale Jr. once said if you ain't cheatin you ain't winning. This is my 52nd year of Iowa deer hunting and I have seen and heard it all. I used to hunt with a CO before he was promoted to chief law enforcement of the whole DNR and he once told me "don't ever do a violation in front of me or I will charge you like anybody else- if I don't I lose all of my credibility." That has always stuck with me so I have zero tolerance for even the slightest violation.
I can assure you it is all legal. But hey thanks for your concern !

I did not say you were illegal. I was stating that this nonresident party hunting is getting abused. If you want to shoot a buck every year move to Iowa. It won't be long before these gun doe tags will be gone just like the bow tags were. Why would any Iowan who hunts want extra bucks taken out of their area? These nonresident doe tags are only feeding the frenzy of nonresidents buying up Iowa hunting land. I hope a few on these non hunters buying these tags are caught and charged with aiding and abetting.

I did not say you were illegal. I was stating that this nonresident party hunting is getting abused. If you want to shoot a buck every year move to Iowa. It won't be long before these gun doe tags will be gone just like the bow tags were. Why would any Iowan who hunts want extra bucks taken out of their area? These nonresident doe tags are only feeding the frenzy of nonresidents buying up Iowa hunting land. I hope a few on these non hunters buying these tags are caught and charged with aiding and abetting.
Go blast your theories in another section. This is the harvest forum. I would ask that don't make accusations on my thread, if you feel Iowa needs to change the rules and regulations then go to Whitetail Conference or the Legislative Forum, or call your legislator.

As a years long lurker on this site I forgot when somebody posts a deer you are supposed to do a circle jerk and sing Kum Ba Ya- my bad. I will add that I am a gambler so I would bet that if a non resident with a buck tagged by an Iowan was stopped by a CO 100% would say yes that Iowan was actively hunting with me. Just wondering Windlooker are you Hardwoods son?

On the evening I shot my buck one of my best fiends shot a nice 6x5 on my farm as well.
He and I hunt together a lot and he’s helped me many times with habitat projects—he’s a wizard with the chain saw.
It was his best buck ever and we shot them 20 minutes apart ! Truly special weekend, lots of celebratory beers and a few shots!! We had a good time !
F00DAB3C-3901-4B5F-84A4-7AE8DE0249B5.jpeg

Top Bottom