Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First traditional turkey!

jclaws

PMA Member
Well after killing my tom on monday I decided i would pull out my christmas present my wife bought me last year and give it a try(New black widow recurve). I killed a doe with it two days after christmas and its been on the wall every since. Yesterday I went out in the yard and popped up my new blind, just to make sure it would work with a 60" bow, and it worked great. I got up this morning and noticed it was pretty windy, so I decided to go back and sit in the same wooden blind i hunted out of monday, instead of fighting the wind with the pop up blind. I never heard a single gobble this morning. I knew the turkeys were in the area, but I was hoping I just couldn't hear them because of the wind. Finally at about 6:35 I see two hens coming out into the field from the north, and right behind them were 4 strutting toms. They saw my dsd jake and hen decoy and came in on a string. I only put my decoys 5 yards from the blind to minimize the chance of messing up the shot. They got to my decoys and just strutted around them, so i picked one of them out and shot. He tried to fly off but only made it about 30 yards and crashed into a tree and fell into the ground. I have hunted turkeys with a recurve before, but it never seemed to work out. IT DID TODAY!:D To say i was excited would be an understatement.
Now hopefully magnus and my wife can get one killed. It kinda sucks that you wait all year for season and its over already.
It weighed 19 pounds
Spurs were 3/4 of an inch
beard was 9.5 inches
Good luck to everybody still out there!!

My three arrow group in the yard from 15 yards.

small1_zpsd42bf74d.jpg

My decoy picture.
small2_zps6e8764af.jpg

And a few other pics.
small3_zpsbfbebf84.jpg

small4_zpsd49cb13f.jpg

small5_zps5ed974a6.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom