Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plot question

Hawk32

PMA Member
Time has absolutely gotten away from me this spring and summer with 2 kids in baseball and taking on some projects I shouldn't of. Is it too late to get some beans in? I finally have a couple days this week to get some things done. Thanks

I posted recently that I saw a farmer planting beans last Thursday. I’d say a food plot of beans isn’t out of the realm of possibility. You aren’t worried about yield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely wait a couple weeks and do a turnip brassica mix. You'll get much more food per acre. Late planted beans turn kinda black after a frost and I doubt deer will like them.

And before you go buy some seed in a fancy bag like my nephew did, and you know who I'm talking about, go to Welter seed and make up a blend. Usually shipped to your door in 2 days. Much cheaper and a better mix. PM me if you want.

Time has absolutely gotten away from me this spring and summer with 2 kids in baseball and taking on some projects I shouldn't of. Is it too late to get some beans in? I finally have a couple days this week to get some things done. Thanks
Totally get it. A daughter in travel and JH ball dominated my time. I got my beans planted but not sprayed. Trying to get caught up over the next 2 weeks. I didn't get my plot screen planted, trying to work that into the next week.

TR
I will give him hell for ya. Been doing a little that anyway and always need more ammo lol.
So instead of have 3 nice new big bean plots plans got changed a little. I still did half of one in beans and on half of those beans I broadcasted some turnips after drilling them in. The other half I divided up and did chicory one part and turnips/radish/rape one part. The other two I had to respray and will probably do the same in a week.

Top Bottom