Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Free Taxidermy mount for Special Forces

HorseDoctor

PMA Member
OK, now I have this pre-paid deer mount that I purchased from Breiner11 to benefit LLS. Good deal for a good cause. Now I want it to do some more good with it. I have a number of family members as well as some very good friends who are or were Special Forces members. In appreciation for what these people do and the sacrifices that both they and their families make to keep us free and safe, I would like one of them to have this mount. It’s not that I don’t want a Breiner mount, I’ve already got 3 & he’s working on a couple more for my wife & I so I like his work; a lot! I just want this mount to go to a SF member, SF veteran, SF spouse or their 16 year old or younger child. God knows the SF families also make tremendous sacrifices and I appreciate that too. This is in no way meant to demean any other armed forces members or veterans; I just have a soft spot for SF so we’ll see if I can find one to share this mount with. I will accept applications &/or nominations until Labor Day 2013 at which time I will give it to someone. PM me with pertinent info. I am also open to suggestions on how to pick a recipient. Preference to PM members, Purple Heart recipients, etc.??? As I know some SF members prefer to (or must) keep a low public profile, I will withhold announcing who the recipient is if they wish.

This is a great gesture, you are a true patriot horsedoctor! I can't wait to preserve a great memory for a SF member who puts their country first!

This free shoulder mount remains available. At this point I will make it available on a first come, first served basis to any Special Forces member, veteran, child or spouse of same. Either contact me or breiner11 when an eligible person has a critter for him to work on. The original offer was a WT mount but I suspect Brian might be talked into a muley or an antelope. His mule deer price is a bit higher than WT but I will make up the difference. You want a pedestal or something, you work out the extra expense with him. He does pretty darned good work. Check it out. http://www.reinertsontaxidermy.com/index.html
http://www.reinertsontaxidermy.com/index.html

How about a 1st Ranger BTN Storm Vet. LOL That is a very cool thing you are doing. I tip my hat to you sir!!!!! There need to be more Americans like you around.

No doubt the Rangers are Special Forces! I've got a cousin who's a Ranger. You, a spouse or child have something to mount, let one of us know. Thank you for your service! :way:

We will see what the season brings. I would love to get back with you on Sunday evening with a pic and great story.

I am honored, proud and pleased to announce that this mount has been awarded to an Iowa native currently on active duty with the US Navy SEALs. He was home on leave prior to deployment and harvested a 160 class 12 point. The active duty SEAL's choose to maintain a minimal public profile both to protect their families as well as themselves. In addition these men do what they do for their country, not for recognition. So much of what they do, we will never know about and that's the way they want it. (Don't get me started on our politicians exploiting Special Forces missions for their own political gain :mad: ). Anyway, I will not post the name of the recipient. Perhaps breiner11 will post a picture of the mount when its finished. Brian (http://www.reinertsontaxidermy.com/) has met the recipient and said that he is without a doubt one of the most appreciative, polite and humble men he has ever met, as well as truly being a "Man of Steel" !!! Not surprising, as I have a nephew who is a SEAL, another who is a Ranger and have met many of their teammates. That description fits every one of them (as well as every other SF member I have ever met). It's just who/what they are. I am so blessed to be able to, in some small way, give a little token of appreciation to one of these warriors who risk their lives every day to allow us to live the way we do. Thanks to all of our military forces and a special thanks to the ones that always run to the fight. :way:

Top Bottom