Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Getting stuck fun!!!! So it begins!!!

It's hard to determine when to just stop and not get yourself in deeper or steeper :D I've had to let the big tractor sit for weeks until it dried up. The optimistic side always thinks just another try will work. That Challenger made it pretty far, that is deep!

These are my favorite Skip posts. Mostly because I can just see his reaction.

I’ll never forget the jeep getting stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was maybe 10 years ago.... About 15 minutes after this picture was taken I got this excavator stuck up past the counter weight. OOPS!!!! It was a neighbors. I was pretty scared to go talk to him. I ended up cutting down a bunch of cotton wood and getting them close enough with a different machine that allowed my neighbor to get his machine out. Thankfully he just laughed at me. I was sweating bullets.

Donny.png

Back in high school, I worked as a farm hand. One day I was sent to field to disc it. The tractor was an IH 1466 turbo diesel with duals. Things were going fairly well until I tried to go across a waterway. I was quite high up in the field, so figured it wouldn't be wet. Well, guessed wrong. Even with me headed down hill, tried to raise the disc, which just pushed the disc wheels deeper into the mud. Between the disc blades hitting the mud, the disc wheels acting like anchors and then the tractor starting to frame, I buried it. Walked back up to the house to get another tractor. We show up to hook up to it and I see a jet of diesel coming up out of the fuel tank cap. The 1466 had saddle tanks that you could flip a switch to pump more fuel to the main tank. I'd flipped the switch earlier and forgot about it when I got stuck. That tractor got a good hose down that day...... Thankfully, this was before cell phones and nobody carried a camera.

I’ll admit- my worst one was not photographed- I don’t think ?!? ….
Yea- this is crazy…. I was pushing big hedge trees out on a pond that was froze over. Pushing them out for fish structure. Using a tractor loader. A big one. Get snug against tree just on shore with the loader & flip the bucket out…. Flings the trees way out on ice…. All good, no problem!!! Did it maybe 15 times…. Got on a steep bank- hammered it in “reverse” …. Oooooppssss…. It was still in FORWARD!!! Flew into the pond. Blew past the ice layer. Water above the hood. Turned it off right away, got a dozer & lost any dignity I had for the day. :). Sunk that rascal. But- no damage & luckily didnt suck any water in.
See if I can find my buddies from last month… put a combine in his pond after filling it up on left over food plot corn & slid into pond. Completely totaled.

Last edited:
I’ll admit- my worst one was not photographed- I don’t think ?!? ….
Yea- this is crazy…. I was pushing big hedge trees out on a pond that was froze over. Pushing them out for fish structure. Using a tractor loader. A big one. Get snug against tree just on shore with the loader & flip the bucket out…. Flings the trees way out on ice…. All good, no problem!!! Did it maybe 15 times…. Got on a steep bank- hammered it in “reverse” …. Oooooppssss…. It was still in FORWARD!!! Flew into the pond. Blew past the ice layer. Water above the hood. Turned it off right away, got a dozer & lost any divinity I had for the day. :). Sunk that rascal. But- no damage & luckily didnt suck any water in.
See if I can find my buddies from last month… put a combine in his pond after filling it up on left over food plot corn & slid into pond. Completely totaled.
Let me guess!!!!!

"hmmmmm $7.50 corn..... I still got alot out there..... thats ALOT of money!!! Lets go get it!"

OOPS!!!!!!

We had an exciting day & technically didn’t get stuck!! This wasnt me!!! Started on fire!!!! Just another day at the farm. ;).
150F2532-8927-47C4-AA15-F97C82784B1C.jpeg

I always wondered how hard it'd be to get a ctl to fall over on it's side.. i still don't know the answer to that, but now know it can be done!

This one is on me. Dang it!!! Lent my drill out- junky one. Got mashed up. Guy repairing it didn’t get to it so I decided to fix myself. Got dropped off strapped on. Straps not secure picking up. Luckily only took 30 seconds down the road around first curb. Fun half day running to get loader to put back on trailer.
9C1B1A35-0C0F-448A-954D-966857DF3A90.jpeg8AF94290-A4F9-4DFB-9124-849E2485E621.jpeg2A520731-54C1-48DF-9EE5-523ADF0DB6EC.jpeg

I got stuck a few years ago, working on a ramp down to my creek. My buddy couldn't get over with his backhoe until AFTER the rains came through. I didn't get a pic of the water at it's highest, but the high water mark showed it had been about 12-14" higher. Cleaned everything out, changed all fluids, and it fired right up.
1.jpg2.jpg

Top Bottom