Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

got me a road poacher

bwese

Well I have grown tired of the road poachers so I asked the NGPC for a little help in the form of a deer decoy setup. They deployed it around 3pm yesterday afternoon and they had their first poacher in 45 min.

He was a 64 yr old with a state wide buck driving around with his wife. He had got out of his vehicle, laid the gun across it and fired two shots and was chambering a third when the CO pulled up.

His name is Mike Gunnaway and is from Plattsmouth, NE

I could of possibly got more but a neighbor who hunts in the area kept driving by and even stopped to talk to the officers as they were setting up. He even called the head CO of the region to tell him the decoy didn't look like a real buck. :roll: He was on the phone with him when the deke got shot.

Then some people drove into the neighboring property and the COs pulled the plug on the operation as they didn't know where those people had went and didn't want anybody to get hurt.

Oh well, I think my point was made in that area.

I wonder how many tickets could be wrote if each county in Iowa had one out the first weekend of shotgun season.

Last edited:
Unreal! With how limited Iowa CO's time is- wish they'd focus on this stuff- the most egregious violators

I have always wanted to take an old decoy and deer target and set it up about 100 yards away in one of our ditches off the road just to see how many holes are in it by the end of shotgun season. I am sure it would be an eye opener.

congrats on getting them busted!!

So retarded how dumb people are. Absolutely no respect whatsoever. That could be someones hitlister that they've been following for years and boom, gone, ILLEGALY, just like that. Although I hope a mature buck would a little smarter than to let someone hop out of a truck and take a shot burt you never know.

when i was a kid in wisconsin we had a large group of guys that would do that , drive around see a deer and jump out and shoot. We put a styrofoam deer out in a field across the road and watched one morning as 6 guys opened fire and it exploded , dumb arses :thrwrck:

airassault, no I didn't even ask to watch. I wanted to be as far away from there as possible. Kind of like when a player looks the other way when the game winning kick is on the way. I so wanted lots of the local road poachers caught:)

I wish every county in our states had the manpower to run stings like this during the season. I think it would really curtail the road poaching. I know my uncle getting caught stopped his group from doing it anymore.

Top Bottom