Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heated vest recommendations

muddy

I've been eyeballing battery operated vests for awhile, and with Christmas coming up was looking at the Pnuma or the Fieldshear varieties. Biggest thing I see with Pnuma is zero bulk, so would be great for bow hunting. The Fieldshear has good reviews as well but is a bit fluffier. Several of my friends all have Pnuma and say it's a game changer. Anyone else have any thoughts or input? Thanks

Like I mentioned I have been using the mobile warming gear. I have the base layers. GameChanger in terms of warmth and all day sits. It has baselayer bulk so pretty minimal. Battery life is 2hrs on high (135 degrees). I have never ran out as I just wait until I get a little chilly and then turn it up to heat my core, 5-10 minutes or so. $150 for a top, really not bad. You can control it with your phone or with the power switch on the shirt

No matter what brand you go with I highly recommend this as a must have piece

100% agree. I have had the Pnuma vest for 2 seasons and really like it. Use it similar to how Jkratz says but also have an extra battery for longer sits in extreme cold conditions. I'll even take it out on semi cold days run it on low under a sweatshirt to avoid wearing a bulky coat. I'd recommend them for sure.

I have and like the Pnuma vest with an extra battery as well. It was worth the money. Pnuma vest, wool long johns, and darn near anything else I do or don't feel like wearing inside an IWOM and I can tree stand hunt for along time in very cold weather. This set up gets me a lot more hours in the tree. Or even on a 30 degree day and be as toasty as can be. Just don't need to turn the vest on those days though. Only draw back is I fall asleep easier:confused:.

I have a heated vest, heated coat, and a heated base layer and imo, you get the best bang for your buck with the base layers. It really warms your core being up against your skin. I also have heated socks. They’re nice as well. Put on some heated base layers and bundle up with some GWW clothes and it’s a game changer.

Ready for a good laugh? I’m in Georgia.

I bought most of this for when I go to the Midwest but will not hesitate to wear it down here. The heated base layers allow you to wear less clothes and not be too bulky. For you fellows that are used to colder weather, a heated base layer and some lightweight windproof outers would carry you through most of archery season unless it was usually cold.

Jeesh, what a bunch of Nancy's. That was my thought reading this post while in the tree today. Then the sun started setting, trees blocked the sun's rays and cold crept in. :(
Take it from this Nancy from Georgia. Get you a heated base layer thermal shirt with 2 batteries. You’ll never regret it. Be tough when you have to but no need to prove how you can handle the cold when you don’t have to.

Next time that cold tries to creep in, just touch the button. You’ll wonder why you waited so long.

2 seasons now using the Pnuma brand heated vest and it's a two thumbs up. Low bulk, carry an extra battery and life is good in the stand on those extra cold days.

Good thread. I just put the Pnuma on my Christmas list. Looks like around 200 for the vest and 28 for a backup battery, on their website anyway.

Good thread. I just put the Pnuma on my Christmas list. Looks like around 200 for the vest and 28 for a backup battery, on their website anyway.
I ordered a vest from Simmons Sporting Goods down in Louisiana, it was 150. Just a FYI. Pnuma raised their prices last weekend, Friday was 150 and Sunday was 200

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-093820_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-093820_Samsung Internet.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 240
I just got it ordered from Scheels for the same $150. Free shipping, $9 tax. I'm ready for January.
You got lucky then, because I tried to get one from them and they were sold out in my size and was told flat out they were severing ties with Pnuma because they were just too difficult to keep in stock. When I ordered they were "in stock" then a day later they magically were not. No offense, but dont be surprised if you get a similar result. No Scheels fault for me, I got refunded. I called Simmons and they went and got it of their rack while we were on the phone.

It ended up coming, no issues. Size L. Odd that we had a different experience. Looks pretty sharp and I'm anxious for some cold weather to try it out, but the 15 day forecast shows all mild weather.

Jeesh, what a bunch of Nancy's. That was my thought reading this post while in the tree today. Then the sun started setting, trees blocked the sun's rays and cold crept in. :(
I have done a lot of all day sits and froze my ass of and thought I was a tough guy. $150 is well worth being warm for all of one of those sits

Seriously, one of those investments in hunting that I would say is game changer if you do a lot of long sits, which I assume many guys on here do. Also I hate bulk and have historically dressed lite, now I can do that and be toasty!!!

I like the Pnuma heated vest quite a bit. Came in handy for gun 1 in IL this weekend. Predawn was 9 degrees this am. My 10 year old now hunts with me (he got his 1st deer Fri morn on his 1st sit while wearing my Pnuma) and my 3 younger ones are all begging to tag along again, so I'm giving them my size L and just ordered a XL for myself. The size chart seems off. I know they're supposed to be tight, but it was too tight for my taste. I'm 5'10" and 170 lbs. Heads up that most stores are still selling the vest for $200. I just ordered from Rogers Sporting Goods for $150 and free shipping.

I like the Pnuma heated vest quite a bit. Came in handy for gun 1 in IL this weekend. Predawn was 9 degrees this am. My 10 year old now hunts with me (he got his 1st deer Fri morn on his 1st sit while wearing my Pnuma) and my 3 younger ones are all begging to tag along again, so I'm giving them my size L and just ordered a XL for myself. The size chart seems off. I know they're supposed to be tight, but it was too tight for my taste. I'm 5'10" and 170 lbs. Heads up that most stores are still selling the vest for $200. I just ordered from Rogers Sporting Goods for $150 and free shipping.
I was thinking about investing in a vest also. How big was the vest on your boy and could he still feel the heat effectively?

He only wore it once. I'm probably a terrible parent but the morning it was 9 I said I'm wearing it and I stuck some adhesive warming pads on his core. (Still sissy by historical standards but oh well). Later tonight I'll get a pic of him wearing it over a tee-shirt and show you. Seems like it wasn't terribly too big for him and yes he felt the heat and said it was good. They aren't cheap so if you're considering getting one for a child I'd just go big and make do.

Top Bottom