Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Herbicides

Rural King sell the Drexel Bean Oil in 2.5 gallon jugs for 31.99. Is this the same as crop oil? I was thinking about using this with the clethodim on my clover. Would this be ok or should I look for something else.

Rural King sell the Drexel Bean Oil in 2.5 gallon jugs for 31.99. Is this the same as crop oil? I was thinking about using this with the clethodim on my clover. Would this be ok or should I look for something else.

Probably but I don't know, read the labels

Relegate is a brush killer

clethodim we get from rural king

Probably but I don't know, read the labels

Relegate is a brush killer

clethodim we get from rural king

Paul my apologies. My message is confusing.

I am going to be spraying clover for the grasses. Been using Clethodim.
Are you still using the Clethodim for the grasses in clover? or the Relegate?

On the site: Rural King - Clethodim Source there are two types there now. Are you using the Tide Clethodim or the Willowwood Clethodim.

Sorry for muddying the thread Paul. :confused:

My temporary spring plot has generated some Thistle this year!

Can I spray 2-4-D on those areas without harming oats, and clover?
Or better to use Butyrac 200?

You can't use 2,4-d on clover. Butyrac works just fine in clover & oats but need to read the label to see its effectiveness & rates on thistles.

If any of you guys are having trouble finding crop oil conncentrate in your area like I am and are at Rural King getting a jug of clethodim, you might want to pick up a jug of Drexel BeanOil. It can be used instead of crop oil at half the rate.

Here is a response from Drexel Chemical when asked if BeanOil is the same as Crop Oil.

"BeanOil is an excellent replacement for Crop Oil Concentrate (Peptoil). We recommend BeanOil at half the rate (Pint per acre) of Peptoil (Quart per acre) for equal or better results. The product has been used extensively across the US in the manner described with excellent results. "

Has anybody attempted to spray Clethodim over a pre-emerged RR corn plot to control a volunteer corn problem?

Could it work if the timing is right?

I think Clethodim will definitely kill volunteer corn that's already emerged. Won't work though as a pre-emerg to kill expected volunteer corn. Hope that helps?

I think Clethodim will definitely kill volunteer corn that's already emerged. Won't work though as a pre-emerg to kill expected volunteer corn. Hope that helps?

Sorry, I wan't very clear. Seeded new corn into a plot yesterday that has a heavy presence of volunteer corn emerged already.

Was considering spraying Clethodim within the next week or so to knock out some of that volunteer corn before the new stuff emerges.

Thought I would check to see if there was anything I'm not considering.

Thanks

volunteer corn in a corn field you planted where both have germinated & up..... Really, you're only option at that point is mechanical removal of the volunteer unless the new variety, you get lucky, and it's Liberty Link Ready or something. I had some volunteer corn, I disced all in, hit the germinated volunteer with clethodim & then I planted my corn right after that. If you're going to do corn on corn, might think about rotating between Liberty & round-up corn.

Trees of heaven

So I'm getting ready to fight the tree of heaven invasion that's started on my property. Any recommendations on best way to eradicate these nasty things? Cut and treat stump? Basal bark spray? What is the best poison to use? Thanks for any help.

Pathfinder-II is what some have used successfully as a basal bark spray. If tree is >5" diameter than cut/treat needed. But good luck....my farm in PA is full of it. Way too invasive to treat. I'm just living with it.

That is correct, clethodim is used to kill RR volunteer corn and will kill any grasses, use crop oil and apply to green, growing plants.

is clethodim slow killing on grasses ? I sprayed at 16oz rate with cropoil on grass in clover and checked a week later and not seeing much dead looking as it was really growing fast at the time i sprayed

If any of you guys are having trouble finding crop oil conncentrate in your area like I am "

Yes! Anyone have suggestions for central iowa? I called the coop I usually get my "stuff" and the guys says "i've never heard of that"

Top Bottom