Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Herter's bows

Full Quiver

Does anybody know anything about Herter's bows? I saw a long bow for sale and didn't know if it was worth checking it out or not.
Thanks.

I've seen my share of Herter's recurves but until now, never a longbow. I did a search on the web for a pic of one.
Herter's made a fine bow, not the fastest out there, but solid and dependable. They are a sound investment for collecting.

I haven't heard of a Herters longbow either. Might be worth a pretty penny if it's as rare as it appears it may be. They made alot of recurves though:

CV17 International Match Hunter Recurve
Kiowa Recurve
Model 62 takedown Recurve
Perfection Recurve
Perfection Jr. Recurve
Perfection Mag Recurve
Perfection Sambar Recurve
Perfection Utopian Recurve
Premier Magnum Recurve
Sambar Hunter Recurve
Sitka Recurve
Sitka Magnum Recurve
Utopian takedown Recurve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've seen my share of Herter's recurves but until now, never a longbow. I did a search on the web for a pic of one.</div></div>

I looked on the net for a pic, too, but couldn't find anything for a longbow. Maybe they have it wrong in the for sale ad????

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>PMA Memberships & Renewals </span> and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>IBA Memberships & Renewals</span>
pawlinebrown.gif

gun&bag.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who made Herters? Wasn't it another prominent company? </div></div>

I believe that Herter’s firearms were manufactured by Sauer & Son, in Germany????? I am not at all sure they had anything to do with bows.
nixweiss.gif

I know, not helpful! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pawlinebrown.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

feathers3.jpg

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the link I found. About a third of the down from the top.

Herters </div></div>

Nice find. Ye old Perfection Itasca, who knew? Whoever that guy is from the link...he has waaaay to many bows and should promptly give some of them to the good folks over at Iowawhitetail. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Top Bottom