Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 2118 Protects wolves, black bears and mountain lions

Fishbonker

Life Member
This bill removes wolves from the list of furbearing animals and makes it illegal to shoot wolves, bears and mountain lions.

Link: <HF 2118>

Another section of the bill would direct all civil penalties from killing non-game animals into the wildlife trust fund.

Sounds like a great idea...let's get more predators to kill our turkeys & deer. And they would be able to have some interaction with livestock & humans too. All 3 of those critters have no place here. Who comes up with this crap?

Did a little digging. Author is molly Donahue of cedar rapids and lobby groups behind it were humane society of US and sierra club of iowa

Did a little digging. Author is molly Donahue of cedar rapids and lobby groups behind it were humane society of US and sierra club of iowa

She is my rep. I've gone to several of her listening post/meet the constituents type meetings. One of them I went to I was talking hunting issues and I could tell I was upsetting the only other person sitting there. I was almost done with my spiel when Representative Donohue reached over and patted her friend on the knee and said something to the effect, he is almost done then we can go back to talking about puppies. I was done and she went back to her friend's core issue of animal cruelty. Representative Donahue also sponsored a bill elevating some crimes against animals to felonies this year.

With the redistricting I will no longer be in her district plus she is running for state senate. My current state senator, Senator Mathis, is going to run for Congress.

Representative Donohue is a high school teacher and teaches at the Cedar Rapids high school for troubled kids. She made a comment at one of the meetings that she is used to working with troubled boys and being in the legislature is a lot like that. I thought that was a great insight, no matter what side of the aisle she is on.

At the end of the day they’re trying to manage wildlife via natural methods verse hunter harvest. It makes me laugh because the Government still has to go in an cull predators in most states. We lose this, we might never get management back by IDNR.

Top Bottom