Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 290 Casting of dogs

Fishbonker

Life Member
Link to the bill: HF 290

This is specific to coyote hunters turning their dogs loose on to private property without permission. If found guilty the penalty is a class D felony.

As Misskiwi67 noted, the word went out last year that this would be the result if things didn't change. It seems that most folks in that community know who the few are that are spoiling it for all.

Also in the bill "on foot" has been added to the pursuit of wounded or killed game.

I need to look into this. several pics of radio collared dogs on my trail cams. Seems like they’re running through every other week. Extremely annoying.

Until they write something concerning having control of the dogs, it will be an ongoing issue. The argument used now is that you can’t stop them from crossing a line in the middle of the section. The penalty will have to be a major deterrent and enforceable.

I don't think, as of this writing, that HF 290 is going anywhere. HSB 157 has been reworked to include language found in 290. It is my understanding that the reworked HSB 157 has a broad base of support. The new language of 157 will be published on Monday. HSB 157 is on the agenda for the House Natural Resource Committee on Monday, 02/15/21.

Links to HSB 157 (old version) and discussion can be found in that thread.

Top Bottom