Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I Hate To Be The One To Point This Out But....

jesserichard

We are a week in to the late season and I havent seen any buck kills. The weather isin't the best for this time of year. I hope it turns around for all of us who have tags to fill (1 Any Sex Bow, 2 Bow Antlerless, 1 Any Sex Late Muzzy)

My dad has been sitting one his 3 acre standing bean food plot surrounded by timber every night and has seen one spike total and he didn't even go to the beans. I think my ole man is about ready to fire up the combine and pick those beans LOL.

Could have killed a decent 135ish 3.5 yr old one tonight on a clover plot right at dark. I decided to stick with the bow tonight rather than take the ML. 53 yards was a little long for the weapon I chose. That's OK, he will be a lot better buck next year!!

I didn't see much of anything until the last 10-15 minutes.

Pulled my SD card over my turnips, it was in video mode and my 4gb sd was full in 10 days, I need to go through 170 pics and 170 videos.
The few I looked at had 6 different bucks so far.

They are pounding the food. Seen over 20 pour into the field I was sitting last night with one being a target buck. No shot though but good to see all those deer. Numbers seem to be pretty goode in my area....better than last year.

Hammering turnips for us. 3 bucks from 3.5 to 5.5 in the plot at 2pm broad daylight yesterday on our way in. Killed 2 does and say probably 20 more does and approximately 15 different bucks. High deer density and the plot is very secluded surround by big timber and thick river bottom. The 2 acres of turnips looks like a cattle lot

I don't understand you guys, how do you not see the Deer? I have yet to go out and not see a Deer. I saw 8 Does Tuesday and 5 Bucks and 6 Does last night.
You have to understand we dont have the deer numbers up here that you have! I to have been hunting cut corn fields and standing corn fields. No tracks in the snow meens no deer.

TeenageHunter said:
I don't understand you guys, how do you not see the Deer? I have yet to go out and not see a Deer. I saw 8 Does Tuesday and 5 Bucks and 6 Does last night.

Consider your self very lucky :way:

Sent from Cooter's iPad using IW

6 nights in Ringgold County 5 bucks, biggest one a 6 pointer. Starting the same way bow season ended. Thanks late rifle season compliments of the Iowa DNR.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom