Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA promotional membership drive

gunrunr

Life Member
I've got an idea that I need some help with. As you have seen in the last few weeks, there are lots of people unaware of who or what the IBA is and what they do. When people find out about it, we seem to get a lot of positive remarks and several new members. The larger our membership base is, the more power we have to help protect and preserve bowhunting in Iowa.

Here's my idea. Lots of you are members of other various forums, archery clubs, hunting organizations, etc. Can I ask for your help to get the word out? If we could get similar posts started on ArcheryTalk, Bowsite, IowaOutdoors, IowaDeer, Realtree Outddoors, MidwestWhitetail or any of thousands of other forums & organizations and let people know what the IBA is and how important it can be.

Thoughts, ideas or anyone willing to help?

I think this is HUGE and I hope folks who care will step up. I'm a horrid Social media person (like I use my wife's FB & know the ropes on IW and that's about it) but I gotta imagine most the folks on here are more proficient and this would be huge. I'll sure do all I can.
Another couple things....
Is there a flyer that bullet points the IBA, what it stands for, etc that could be hung in every archery shop across the state or sports store, etc? Even $1 to laminate it, whatever. I think that would go a long way.
Folks who go on other sites, please do step up, it would be a great thing & insurance to Iowa's resource & future to get as many members as possible and I think the only part lacking is the lack of knowledge it exists. Thanks Boyd!

I thought IowaDeer died a slow painful death a few years back.... The page still loads, but I don't think there are any signs of life there.

Might want to refrain from posting about blocking kids from using a crossbow. I understand the motivation but that didn't go over so well on AT.

What's the latest on the new logo and website?

Might want to refrain from posting about blocking kids from using a crossbow. I understand the motivation but that didn't go over so well on AT.

Major train wreck. I hate AT and logged in for the first time in months to see what was going on.

Can you fill in on the AT talk on crossbows with Kids? what is trainwreck, the website or the topic?
I personally don't think we should shy away from those discussions even though they are more difficult - we know what's going on and why they started with late ML, then kids - it's getting crossbows in the door. They SPECIFICALLY do the "kid thing" so folks on the other side "can't disagree". It's kinda like anything with race involved, if you disagree "you're a racist" so you better shut your mouth. You are against something "for children" - you are heartless no good greedy piece of garbage. Liberals most often (and politicians in general, yes) use this tactic often to silence the other side and make sure they are portrayed as the bad guys when they disagree, even if they are fundamentally right. But, sure doesn't mean we need to fall into that trap - if folks fully understand the issue and we do a good job explaining things, we can win those types of debates, even if the sneaky politicians try and get things in under "it's for the kids". We have half the country, the Liberals that do this crap on anything "you want to take away Unemployment Benefits for the poor folks after only 49 years (it should be extended to at least 55 years maximum to be unemployed before we cut folks off!), you heartless rich, elite scum. You greedy heartless sob, once again the rich trampling over the folks who just need a hand up". Crap like that, we can win the argument on substance & education, can't shy away and it's the same political crap that goes on all the time.

The one positive of the AT post is that the people from Iowa that commented on the post support the IBA's position. I think it was good discussion, but filled with a lot of non-fact based comments in support of crossbows.

The IBA will continue to fight for the membership.

Last edited:

What's the latest on the new logo and website?

No such thing as bad publicity.....and the majority of ATers can not be reasoned with. Maybe not the best move, but there was definitely a lot of chatter.

There is a functional proof of the website that the board is working on. The new site is much more visually appealing and should be much more user friendly.

I don't care what AT says about us. They are just a bunch of pimpers out for there gain. TV clowns or companies or whoever. We have the right to try and stop whatever we want and those two bills fit the ticket!!!!

You have to remember you are The IBA
Not the ICA!!

Nothing wrong with defending against guns and crossbows entering the archery season!

Why take our politics to other message boards? The only people who have a say in this stuff are Iowa residents....

I'm glad the bill was killed. I'm glad to see the IBA fighting and I hope this push for membership stays strong. People just need to know what the IBA is, what they do and what they've done. The rest falls in place, it's a stand up organization!

Last edited:
Heck, if we listened to everyone from every other state - I would imagine our state would mirror theirs. Why everyone from pretty much every other state wants to come here and why the draw is 3-4 years to bowhunt here. I sure don't see people flocking from Iowa to go hunt New York or where ever you wanna name. I see all those states where the hunting is a joke & the guys flock here (heck, I have 2 DIFFERENT neighbors that are from Wisconsin alone). Their states are ruined, often due to insane regs (like rifles mid rut or 40% more hunters now with crossbows during archery season, etc, etc, etc) so they come here or want to. Then, those same people might chime in on the decisions Iowa makes with its management - no thanks, I don't think we need the suggestions, especially when they are suggestions that mimic the state they live in. So glad we have the IBA and keep those memberships coming because it's critical.

Top Bottom