Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ideas?

MadisonB&C

Here's the situation: There is a 1 1/4 acre grass field that I intended to food plot this year. A couple months ago I got it cut down to 4", and a little over a month ago I got it nuked with RoundUp. The problem now is that with all the rain, a creek plugged up and flooded the only access I had to get back there. The field is fine, but the access to it is pretty much a swamp. With no way to get equipment to it, what are some ideas for getting some food back there? Right now I just intend to go broadcast brassicas and hope for the best, but I thought I'd get some opinions before I commit to anything.

If the ground is bare I would just take a landscape rake and rough it up a bit then seed clover I did this in a similar spot and had great luck

That's a tough one. 1 1/4 acre doesn't sound very big…until you start to try to work it with a hand rake :D Broadcasting and hoping for the best may be your most realistic option, but it's still early. Maybe if you wait a couple of weeks and get lucky with some dry weather your access will improve?? Just a thought…

NWBuck

You could always keep it killed off and broadcast winter rye with radishes. Maybe even spread the radishes (not too thick) like mid Aug then spread winter rye around Labor Day Both of those could easily be broadcast on top. Just a thought.

Top Bottom