Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Invasion - Spotted Lantern Fly

203ntyp

PMA Member
Thanks to China for another invasive species that's out of control in PA :mad: and affecting agriculture here.

It started in my county last year and freaked me out, I must have killed over 700 Lantern Flies and destroyed 55 egg masses but it's a losing battle. Hope and pray it doesn't spread to other states!

They showed up in one county in 2014 on a load of pavers from what I heard from China, they tried quarantining that county but it didn't work. They are every where, fields, timber and yards, I think China purposely sends shit here to hurt our economy as well as Fentanyl which people can order online! My son said he knows of a dozen acquaintances that have overdosed from that crap.

https://www.agriculture.pa.gov/Plan...fly/SpottedLanternflyAlert/Pages/default.aspx

Boycott China anyway you can when making purchases. I know they're a big buyer of some of our agriculture products but we don't have to but their junk. Just venting a little.

Here's a video about them from a couple years ago, it's gotten much worse and seems like a losing battle. When the flies gather the secrete a honeydew substance that creates a sooty black mold, I had to cut half of some of my shrubs under a maple tree to get rid of the sticky mess, yuck!

Top Bottom